Does anyone know when Anthony Morris III started partaking?

by gbrn 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gbrn
    gbrn

I suppose that it is a long shot, but I was curious if anyone knew the answer to this question. I had heard that Morris became a JW in the 1970s and that he also had children who were raised Witnesses. It seems odd that someone that new "in the truth" would partake, and with children mind you. What does the forum think? This especially being the case with the 1935 cutoff date in place at this time. I had also read somewhere that he was an assistant to the GB before becoming GB himself.

Is it possible he has been partaking since his baptism, or did an older GB member recognize him to be GB material and quietly encourage him that he may have that particular "calling?" I remember a relative that I have who is still in headquarters, telling me years ago that sometimes older anointed members (GB), will sometimes (rarely) put the idea in someones head (someone in a higher up leadership position) that they may indeed have the heavenly hope. Not telling them it's a fact of course, but putting the idea there. Of course, I don't know if this is true, but it seems believable that this would happen in order to keep the GB running smoothly.

I would love to read everyone else's thoughts on the matter.

Thanks!

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

We had him as a CO in the late 1990s. He was partaking then. I always liked him and thought both he and his wife were very nice people. He mentioned that he came into the truth in the 1970s.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Humans are so suggestible. If the Truth book and the Live Forever book had presented the heavenly hope, we all would have believed we were going to heaven. But as it was, all we heard was a wonderful paradise earth and how we don't want to miss out on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit