Millenarianism & Postmodernity

by Englishman 5 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Englishman
    Englishman

The UK magazine Social Review published by Leicester University is an absolute must for students of sociology. http://www.philipallan.co.uk/system/index.html

Last months mag contained a 5 page feature devoted to the JW cult that I would like to share with everyone. However, I have tried to scan and upload a page to a website, but in order for it to be readable I have to make the upload around 750kb, which also means that lots of scrolling is also necessary. This is what it looks like when I post the first page at an acceptable size, virtually unreadable.

Any idea's, please?

Englishman.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I would love to read it, however, only the first page is showing.

Is this on a web site we could access?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

PS, the scan was not so bad...I read the first page...now I want to read the rest. I don't mind scrolling.

• Englishman
    Englishman

OK, there's 5 pages, well worth reading, I'll post it tomorrow.

Englishman.

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

E-man:

Do you have Adobe Acrobat? If so, scan the files at 100% at 300 dpi and as bitmap files, and save in eps format. Next run the eps through Adobe Distiller and create a pdf document that is of the same quality as your scans, but at a much smaller size. If you don't have Acrobat, let me know where I can download the files and I will do it for you and e-mail you the pdf document. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free utility to read pdf files. It can be found at www.adobe.com and is availvable for several different platforms - Windows, Mac, Unix (the beauty of pdf files is that they are platform independent).

CPiolo

P.S. most browsers have a plug in which enables you to view pdf documents directly from your browser.

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

E-man:

Do you have Adobe Acrobat? If so, scan the files at 100% at 300 dpi and as bitmap files, and save in eps format. Next run the eps through Adobe Distiller and create a pdf document that is of the same quality as your scans, but at a much smaller size. If you don't have Acrobat, let me know where I can download the files and I will do it for you and e-mail you the pdf document. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free utility to read pdf files. It can be found at www.adobe.com and is availvable for several different platforms - Windows, Mac, Unix (the beauty of pdf files is that they are platform independent).

CPiolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit