Total control in "Heavens Gate"

by refiners fire 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The "Heavens Gate" cult, before it imploded, produced a series of videos that were available. I obtained two of them and they are amazing to watch in terms of the mechanics of the group.
    There were, I think, 10 videos all together, recordings of "sessions", here are a few highlights from "Session 8".

If in fact we are seeing that as our Father's Kingdom relates to the human kingdom, and as the history books tell us, they relate on a basis of knowing through faith. And because they can't have us motivated by proof, we have to believe in them. If you come this way, if you correspond with us or you let us know that this is something that you must do and you want to start identifying with us, as wanting to be a child in that Kingdom and wanting to rid yourself of your humanness, then you're very quickly going to also realize that you're going to be, in a sense, submissive. You're going to kind of present yourself as putty in our hands because we're representing that Kingdom.

Okay, so we are "putty" to be moulded.
    What might this moulding involve?

In reality, that means that I'm actually going to take instruction from these students and from the one that said, "I'm Do." And that instruction is going to get down to specifics and be very literal and very mundane, and is going to give me help in ways I never thought would be necessary in an overcoming process. I mean the "spelling out" of the menu that I might consume, or the objects that might be purchased to use to brush my teeth with, and when I bathe, and how often.
    One of the helpers here brought up that the way I discussed "partnerships" might be confusing to you - you might think that partnerships go into the bathroom or to the clean-up area as a partnership, which, of course, they don't. But I just remembered they had mentioned that the way I expressed it, you might have thought that they did, and so we're clarifying that.
    Terrific! at least i can take a CRAP without my "check partner" watching.
    In actuality, these "check partners" were rotated thru, people werent left in association with each other very long, and Applewhite sought to "partner" people together, who , lets say, didnt mesh. The objective was overcoming all tendancy to "physical atteachment".
    The Total control of the routines of existance is justified thus:

Student: Yes, did you want to talk more about crew consciousness and about breaking the habit of having something when you want it?

Do: Yes, the little saying that we say there, which is a big demon that we have to deal with: "wanting what I want when I want it." That sounds kind of funny and like a play on words, but it is a very real demon that most of us have to deal with in overcoming. And we want to try to help you understand what the reward is in overcoming that wanting what I want when I want it. A parallel we can use in approaching that issue is the astronaut program in the human space program, or NASA's program.

It wouldn't work too well if the Atlantis goes up on a mission, and they have a lot of experiments to do, and certain members of their crew have to knock out or omit certain experiments because the experiments require that they consume certain items (or "eat" - we use consume to mean "eat"). If they consume these items and certain members of the crew say, "I have a funny stomach and I can't consume those items." So, we have to knock out or omit that person then because he's not sure that he could handle the freeze-dried or the powdered formula, or whatever it is that they're going to be put to. And then another crew member might say, "Well, I get so sleepy I just can't stay awake when it gets to be 10 pm Earth time." We take him out of another test that can be done only at a period that might be registering on Earth as midnight. So, when we're getting rid of what-we-want-to-do-when-we- want-to-do-it,

This getting rid of "what we want to do when we want to do it", doesnt just include PHYSICAL activities like desiring honey on cereal instead of sugar. It also includes getting rid of errant thought:

Student: Telepathy?

Do: Telepathy, telepathy. Funny things come out of my mouth. I realized in listening to one session that I had said "an on-hands experiment," when I meant to say, "hands-on experiment." And I think in the sessions that we did yesterday, one came out, "Well I don't know what kind of rat pack you are," meaning pack rat. So, a lot of things come out backwards and we have to turn them around and try to adjust them.

Mental telepathy is a human definition for a kind of communication that is common in our Father's Kingdom. And the reason we have to bring it up to discuss it is to point out that we're not saying, "Oh, isn't that neat that members of our Father's Kingdom can communicate mentally." We're not saying that mental communication is the only communication. There's a funny little thing that we can look at here. We may not have seen that this piece of the puzzle fits in here, but when Jesus said, 'If you even look at someone lustfully, you've committed the act.' And you say, "How could that have anything to do with mental telepathy"? It has everything to do with mental telepathy. Because if I have a thought in my mind and I'm in our Father's Kingdom, it is expressed at the moment that I think it. It is expressed! And even though my Older Member or the other crew members don't like to invade my privacy, they hear my thoughts, because they have a communication of not having to use their vocal chords and their tongues.

Why the implication of this is that Applewhite Knows what the "crew members" are thinking.
    He continues:

that is a characteristic of the suit of clothes that they wear, of their physical vehicle that they wear, then we have to learn how to have control of our brain, our tongue, our vocal chords. Mainly of our brain, that we don't permit thoughts that would be negative or doubting or periphery or unnecessary, or that could clutter the air, because we're going to move into vehicles where thoughts are, the moment a picture is formed.
    Anyone confused by this: It refers to the concept of "manifestation".
    New Agers believe that, if we work at it, we can manifest into reality, anything thru the power of visualization and "will'.
    this being the case, Applewhites "crew' have to be cautious that they do not visualize things into existance that God wouldnt like. This means controlling their own thinking and imagination.
    The power of "manifestation" will be fully realized once they enter the "next level" ,4th Dimension.
    Anyway, he continues:

You remember how in our last session we discussed that when a picture is formed in our heads of the knowledge that our Father's Kingdom has shared with us, that picture is so big and it's so magnificent that it becomes evidence, it becomes proof to us of the existence of our Father's Kingdom. It becomes a picture that we can use to work with daily in our behavior, and that we can refer to, to refresh our memory so that we don't have to doubt the reality of our Father's Kingdom. In that sense, faith presented that picture, then that became evidence that we could utilize. So, all this is interrelated and connected up.

We're sharing with you several little different ways of looking at the same picture at this moment. So, mental telepathy is a very important aspect of crew participation - not letting thoughts enter our mind that can be an interference, knowing that our Older Member can read that thought. I mean, if we have that thought, it comes right to them. So, we don't want to be screaming, "Oh I don't understand what's going on here!" in our thoughts. "Why don't you explain to me what I'm doing here. You told me to do so and so, but you didn't tell me why." And so pretty soon we become as a child or an interference that really is not ready for that crew activity. We have to be put in more of a remedial situation because of our needless questioning and lack of trust and needing of attention, needing of explanation. It's something that we need to consider.

Naturally the manifestation of thought doesnt only apply to things God approves, but also to those he doesnt approve, like thinking about sex, for example.
    Total thought control.
    The true objective of the mind control cult.

"Worldly association:

Student: What about avoiding places that would tempt a vehicle, like bars and clubs?

Do: Wow! I know that it's important for us to mention this, but these things are just so distant in our history to even think about. But in yours, they're not that distant, because you might go to places where you would subject yourself to vibrations where people certainly wouldn't be that accepting of your discussion of what you're about to do or ready to do. How could you be consistent with your new mindset if you're in a bar or someplace where the vibrations are that of intoxication, or thinking the kind of conversation that goes on in a bar, whether it be of the NFL game or so-and-so's pregnant or so-and-so is about to get married, did you know this - gossip and all the kinds of conversation that is common in a bar-like circumstance. The vibrations are so beneath us that we would avoid them like the plague. I can't count the times that we've gone into a place, even a restaurant or a movie that, by looking at the advertisement, we thought it would be okay, and we have to turn around and leave because we can't stand the general feeling that is there. It's almost the unseen presence that is there that seems to run us out. And we have to be willing to get into a frame of mind where we don't mind walking out or maybe going back up to the ticket office and saying, "I sat in there for five minutes and that movie is not to my liking. If I can get my money back, I would; otherwise, that's fine, I'll leave." But I can't count the times that we have done that at movie theaters or at restaurants or other places that we might go.

All sounds horribly familiar, doesnt it?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Finally a bit of information regarding "check partners":

Student: What about the structure of partnerships? How is that determined?

Do: Well, that's a very, very useful tool in the classroom and it's a very important topic to us.

Partnerships, partnerships, partnerships. They are valuable, valuable, valuable. We told you a little bit ago how they can change frequently. We've learned from experience that it helps to have a partnership, since a partnership is two individuals or sometimes three individuals who have asked their other partners in that partnership to help them in their overcoming. They ask. Part of a partnership is to involve the other person in assisting you in your task of overcoming. Now if it can't be done in sincerity, then it's a pretty lousy partnership. If I'm hesitant to ask someone, or even if I'm hesitant to have anything brought to my attention that I need to overcome, I don't know what I'm in this classroom for. If I'm trying to overcome the world, then I want all the help I can get and certainly a partnership is a place where I can get help in my overcoming.

It's true that in a partnership the members of that partnership are in two's or three's. It's interesting, if you think in terms of the New Testament, how Jesus sent his disciples out in two's and three's because he knew it worked as a neat partnership. They do solicit from their partners, "If you see me do things or even my countenance or little habit that I might have, a little idiosyncrasy that I might have, or if I treat you in any way, or I begin to gossip or anything that you observe about me that is not the way that we have been taught and that is unbecoming to members of our Father's Kingdom, I ask that you bring it to my attention." But what if you're in a situation where one partner is pretty sensitive emotionally and has a hard time dealing with it if the other partner brings it up in a way that hurts their feelings? Even though the one partner is trying to learn not to respond that way and not be so easily hurt - they have to get past that - on the other side of the fence, the person who is not very diplomatic in bringing up something that needs to be overcome has to work very hard at learning to be diplomatic and also has to question their judgment department. "Am I seeing a lot of things critically that maybe surpass our teaching and our instruction, and maybe it's me, maybe it's still my humanness that is finding fault here by some judgment at the human level, instead of the way I've been taught by my Teachers or by my Older Members." So, you can see all the ways that can work.

Sure can.
    One wonders, were the "questions"the "students" were asking, prearranged? or spontaneous?
    But we already know the answer to that, dont we?

http://www.artbell.com/mirror/heavensgate/book/book.htm#sec4b
    Link for anyone interested.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Is this group affiliated w/ the WTBTS?????????? Has got to be a spin off!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit