From oblivion to oblivion

by paranoia agent 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent

We all are on our separate journeys, some of us are undecided, some unconvinced, others no longer believe in the cult but now in another religion, or lost complete belief in deities.

I don't know how beneficial these atheists threads are to new comers, perhaps it would be more difficult to accept certain information, for example scientific methods and understandings rather than different interpretations of the bible, this was the case with me at the start of my journey from leaving this jw cult.

When I left I bought many bibles, some expensive interlinear’s and commentaries, today my reading material mainly consist of science and social political issues, how I have changed. I am happy that I will die knowing I won't have all the answers, I know none of you will even if you believe in invisible parents. My views changed so much that not only do I no longer believe in deities but also the hate I have towards a fiction god of pure evil that many claim to be good.

But one thing I do know, is that it's too much for me to believe in a book who we don't know the authors, that has inconsistencies and errors, and that somehow didn't speak bad about roman authority at the time ****yink*** ***yink****.

Remember what Jesus said, pay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar? Well keep that in mind while watching this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2KONcLKQU

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" When I left I bought many bibles, some expensive interlinear’s and commentaries, today my reading material mainly consist of science and social political issues, how I have changed. "

Wow! I feel like you have pulled thoughts directly from my brain... will watch video asap

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hey PA. Interesting theory. It's been discussed some here recently. If you missed that do a search and read some of the comments. It got quite a bit of responses if my memory is right.

Thanks for sharing.

• thomasaquinas
    thomasaquinas

Ditto, on these comments. It was very much my story as well.

• tec
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    When I left I bought many bibles, some expensive interlinear’s and commentaries,

Yes me too even though I'm an atheist now. Strangely I have an affection for the first non - JW interlinear we bought. I also see it as a journey. It felt like my husband and I had a journey of several hundred years in about five years if you know what I mean. Probably because we went from a nineteenth century religion that is still very behind the times and moved fast forward to modern day science. I didn't end up with hatred of god simply non-belief. My husband used to say the opposite of love is not hate but indifference. I read the Flavian info on another thread, it was very interesting thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit