Sisters need a revolution

by Bugbear 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

I am the father of 4 beautiful girls (and two boys). When we were “in” and I was an elder. Some of the toughest discussions I had to take were with my girls on the subject Paul´s letter to the Corinthian’s, and the content is basically:

1 Cor 14:23-25 , 31-35 (shortly: women shall keep in silence and it would be disgraceful for a woman to talk in the Cong.) My girls were very angry with Paul’s letter and could never understand that such a statement reflected “the will of god”. Was this some punishment because of Eve´s sin?

Needless to say I lost these conversations all the time, and none of my girls (or boys) become a JW. (“thanks god!!!?”) To most humans today it is obvious that the word of Paul, is a very severe discrimination against half of the earth’s population. And in fact, it is a violation on the UN act of the “human rights”, and a violation against many modern states local laws.

This is my question to all the “ sisters” out there on this thread: why do you not take up this subject and ask “the Borg” for some “new light” here. There are many more qualified sisters to become elders, then in fact boys (or grown up men!!) In fact statistics shows in many countries that girls often have higher points in their “report cards” then the boys.

Bugbear

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

why do you not take up this subject and ask “the Borg” for some “new light” here.

*Snort* Been there; done that; was fobbed off.

• cofty
    cofty

As John Shelby Spong observed, the reason the Catholic Church treat women as they do is because priests don't have daughters.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Well, none that they'll admit to

• cofty
    cofty

haha so true.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

I think that this is a hard question for the "borg" to discuss. Thay understand that these word of Paul, is just an ancient reflections of the times when Paul lived. It in fact proves that the word of god needs to be changed. transcribed or whatever you will call it. And of course this is un impossibility for GB. They cannot admit that a lot of the Bible is just crap. If they do so, the Borg will collaps.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit