Mind Control

by Masterji 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Masterji
    Masterji

But that you may better understand the degrading tendencies of the principles which are as the fundamental stone of moral and intellectual education of Rome, let me put before your eyes another of the Jesuit teachings, which I take again from the Spiritual Exercises, as laid down by their Ignatius Loyola: "That we may in all things attain the truth, that we may not err in anything, we ought ever to hold as a fixed principle that what I see white I believe to be black,
    if the superior authorities of the Church define it to be so." (page 62)

"But here begin the disappointments and tribulations of the Roman Catholic student ! for he
    is allowed to raise himself---yes, but when he has raised himself high enough to be on a
    level with the big toes of the Pope he hears piercing, angry threatening cries coming from
    every side---"Stop ! stop ! Do not raise yourself higher than the toes of the Holy Pope!
    ….Kiss those holy toes….and stop your upward flight!
    Remember that the Pope is the only source of science, knowledge and truth!" (page 59)

The above comments are taken from the book, FIFTY YEARS IN THE CHURCH OF ROME. Published in 1885
    Written by: Chas. Chiniquy.

Feel free to substitute the appropriate words.

M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit