Is there really holy spirit at the meetings?

by Island Man 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that holy spirit acts as a remembrancer, enabling a person to remember things he studied in the past on the spur of the moment when he needs it. Jehovah's Witnesses pray for holy spirit to direct their meetings and believe that there is holy spirit in operation during their meetings.

But have you noticed how, during a question and answer discussion, the brother on the platform would sometimes forget the names of persons in the audience - persons he knows very well? You would think that holy spirit would at least enable them to remember the name of someone they have seen and spoken to every week at the meeting for years!

The reason they forget the names of persons they know very well when on the platform, is that their mental attention and memory resources are so taxed with dealing with the assignment at hand, that the brain sometimes lapses in recalling other very simple but unrelated information - sometimes something as simple as the name of someone in the audience that they actually know very well.

If they truly had the help of holy spirit the brain would be helped and such lapses wouldn't occur. It's all human efforts.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I like the way you think. :-) human efforts for sure.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I don't know what lurks in the Halls, but I felt a bad vibe in the ones I went to, growing up as an elder's daughter, almost sinister and definitely not holy or good. Ive been in churches in Scotland and Denmark and felt no presence at all inside. Then we entered a church in Mazatlan Mexico, and were just stopped in awe by the overwhelming hum inside. The place just vibrated with goodness. I touched my husband's arm and said, let's be quiet and show respect because God is truly present in this church. I never ever experienced that in a Kingdom Hall.

• biometrics
    biometrics

When you hear stories of children being sexually abused at KH's, it doesn't sound like Holy Spirit was present ... ever.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Then there were the terrifying nightmares I had after meeting nights. I called them my demon dreams. I remembered them vividly in the morning, including the voices they had and what they looked like. We didn't have a tv during most of my school years so we could spend time reading the Society's scheize, so I wasn't getting these images from tv shows. There was and probably still is something very wrong in Kingdom Halls. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, once upon a time they had God's blessing but I feel Jehovah has withdrawn his approval due to the rotten fruit and corruption that's taken over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit