What did we pray for as kids??

by mzmmom 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

This just popped into my head. What did you pray for as a kid? Hopefully your comments will help me remember mine.

Thanks

• jw07
    jw07

As a wee little child I prayed that ARMAGEDDON would come SOON so Jehovah could DESTROY all the WICKED PEOPLE!

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

To be honest, I hated school...I use to think to myself "since God knows everything and he spoke to men in the past to write the Bible, why couldn't he help me remember information needed for exams or just gave me knowledge"...of-course nothing like that happened...I just had to do it like everyone else....study hard!!!

Kool Jo

• adamah
    adamah

Kids pray for mommy and daddy and sissie and billy (but not so much for billy: he's a meanie, and sticks his tongue out at me!).

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I remember praying one time that Armageddon would come before the school holidays ended and I prayed that the ghost I'd seen in the hallway didn't show up at the side of my bed. Left the light on just in case.

• tec
    tec

I wasn't a jw. I remember reciting prayers. (now I lay me down to sleep... and the our father prayer) When my prayers were personal, I think I remember praying for loved ones and friends (like... take care of so and so); and also giving thanks.

Peace,

tammy

• flipper
    flipper

MZMMOM- Being raised from birth as a JW - I prayed for each and every meeting to end sooner so I could go home

• Zoos
    Zoos

The one item I remember most from my early childhood prayers is, "Please be with the brothers and sisters in Malawi."

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

I don't recall any childhood prayers. Actually I think I didn't pray at all, since I never really learned how one has to pray. The only prayers in our house were prayers to say thanks for food, usually just before dinner. My grandmother used to pray with me when I stayed with her, she would come to my bed to pray and kiss me goodnight, that was her way to try and keep me on the right track, but I can't remember what she said or what she prayed for.

• wasblind
    wasblind

When I was a child I turned to God in prayer when I seen that Santa never checked my list

I prayed loud enough so my mom could take note. That was one year. I got what I wanted

I prayed again out loud the next year. And learned that God had limits on what I could ask for

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit