So proud to be part of an international "brotherhood"

by ohnightdivine 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

.... but doesn't even care about the "lowly ones" in the congregation.

I think it's part of human nature to be interested in meeting people from other lands. In our case, it's the international assemblies. These same people who are so enthusiastic in making new "friends" from other countries are the same ones who don't give a **** about the fellows in the congregation-- the lowly ones. Sick ones. The ones not earning a lot.

Just an observation.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Tell you what, I agree with you to some degree because what you posted does apply to certain superficial JWs I've known through the years. They love to be interviewed about their experiences after having attended an international convention. The show off their pictures and stick their chests out while popping their theocratic suspenders as if attending an international convention is another feather in their cap. It's all show and tell for them. A local needs part that can be used for something constructive to highlight, instead is used as 15 minute infomercial on a couple's or family's experiences in Prague. Meanwhile that same couple hasn't supported Saturday field service at their assigned group in months. They'll only visit a shut in brother or sister for easy time. Thankfully most brothers and sisters aren't this way, but some are.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Careful SFPW, you will turn to the dark side....

(Deep voice) SFPW, I am your father!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sadly a common attitude in first world JW congregations: "tell me how much you have in the bank, and I'll tell you what you are worth".

A "helpful" "elder" once expressly told me to find another congregation since I did not have enough money to belong to his congregation. I got the impression that he was endorsing and forwarding this "loving" "advice" from the BOE.

• prologos
    prologos

these so-called "brothers" christians, completely overlook the IDEAL recorded about Christ's judgement in Math:25, the treatment of the LEAST of his brothers being the only criterion.

These hippocrites standing on the platform and advocting a window-washer-career as prescribed by WT OUTLINE, but smirking at those that apply it. Of course Cos Dos rely on them for goodies and send privileges their way compounding their shared guilt.

shame.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Those people are everywhere, in every church, club, union-whatever. It does seem extra hypocritical in any kind of spiritual group, though, doesn't it?

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

It´s good to be proud of being in the Truth with Jehovahs´friends, except that Pride is a deadly sin......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit