UN trying to avoid Armageddon

by bemused 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bemused
    bemused

The latest New Scientist magazine says that the UN has established an International Asteroid Warning Group, which will compile information on potentially dangerous space rocks and share this information with its member states. Should it prove necessary, the group would oversee any deflection missions.

It started me wondering what negative slant the WT could put on this initiative - trying to defeat God's will perhaps?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they mentioned it to the R&F at all.

And even if they did, the most they'd say would be something like, "God would never allow his purpose for the Earth to be thwarted, therefore an extinction-level event cannot take place", or somesuch.

A Michael Bay apocalypse doesn't fit in with the WTS's eschatology.

• Comatose
    Comatose

The UN is strange to me when it comes to JWs. They hate it fiercely even though it hasnt done anything at all bad. It tries to help the world and JWs hate it.

They could say anything they want negative about the UN and most would lap it up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Comatose - " The UN is strange to me when it comes to JWs. They hate it fiercely even though it hasnt done anything at all bad. It tries to help the world and JWs hate it. They could say anything they want negative about the UN and most would lap it up."

The UN is a major Bad Guy in the WTS's end-times eschatology that Fred Franz scripted back in the 60s.

Learning a bit about how it actually operated (not to mention how powerless it truly is on the world geopolitical scene), however, would definately make someone scratch their head if they didn't know that.

Probably was a factor in my fade, in retrospect.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Waiting to see if some Jws try to link a REALLY big Asteroid that may be heading for earth to the REALLY big rock in Daniels prophecy, somehow.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit