While out "preaching"...

by ohnightdivine 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I've been missing a lot of meetings and field service so I had no choice but to join the group yesterday so that I won't raise all red flags with them

This happened yesterday and thought I'd share this short experience.

The sister I was with wanted so much to practice her spiel and fluency in our language and asked me to act as a householder. I wasn't interested at all, but, she's older by more than 10 years so.... I had to play along. She said I could throw anything at her so here it is:

Sis: Hi, I'm a person studying the Bible and would like to share some thoughts with you. Do you have a minute?

Me: Uhm, I'm not interested. Sorry.

Sis: I see. But, may I ask you--do you agree with the saying that God is love? And he is almighty?

Me: I don't.. think so..

Sis: Why is that?

Me: Well, can you explain bad things happening to good people?

Sis: Good question. Now, I will ask you - do you know who rules this system of things? It's Satan.

Me: Ok. But how come when good things happen to people, they have to thank God for all of the blessings? But for all the misfortunes they cannot blame Him? Why is that? If people work hard and do their best and reap rewards, why is it always considered as a blessin from God? But the bad things do not come from him?

Sis: (Silence) Ahh..... so difficult.

:D

• tiki
    tiki

methinks she needs a tad more practice........

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Nice. I would have thrown Isaiah 45:7 into that little argument ;)

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I never really was a studious witness and didn't think much about arguing intelligently with her. She didn't know that I just couldn't care less about the whole thing..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit