Ever feel guilty for learning the TTATT?

by cognac 6 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I feel like I've always been a bit of a selfish person. I try to be loving and humble, but I really have to work at it and am usually not successful.

Anyways, tonight I watched my younger sister. She is the most loving person I have ever met it my life. I watch as she grows a bit more hardened, because she feels it is the loving way to be.

I came home from her house, and read the handmade birthday card my nephew wrote to me. He loves me so much. But, I don't feel I'm deserving of it. I wasn't there for his birth, my younger sister was. I wasn't around most of the time when he was little whereas my younger sister was always, always around.

I have put little effort in and yet he adores me whereas my younger sister put years of effort in and he couldnt care less it seems...

I feel this is simply because he has picked up on the fact that I know TTATT so he can relate me. Yet, my younger sister gets screwed out of a relationship she has worked so much harder at, and is so much more deserving of...

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- You're not selfish in the least. Give yourself credit for finding out TTATT. It's one of the reasons your nephew respects you and has a deep affection for you because he knows that you are real, not fake like other JW's. As JW's we were all trained to feel guilt or fear about most everything we did in life. We even had guilt feelings in dealing with our relationships- due to the WT indoctrination tactics.

One thing that I found after exiting the Witnesses from reading Steve Hassan's books on mind control s that guilt and fear are normal responses to have after just exiting the different cults like Jehovah's Witnesses. His books really helped me to lose any guilt and fear. Now after being out for 10 years- I have no guilt or fear about anything anymore. I highly recommend reading his books. I think you can get them from his website : www.freedomofmind.com. And also order them off of Amazon.com. Hang in there, your sister is a good person, but just blind to the mind control cult she's in. Give your nephew credit for seeing the good supportive qualities in you, and give yourself credit by seeing them in you as well as your nephew. Take care, it takes time my friend

• flipper
    flipper

So I guess I didn't exactly answer the question of your opening post. No, I don't feel any guilt whatsoever for learning TTATT. WT Society leaders are the ones who should feel guilt in how they've created an organization that instills guilt and fear into it's members. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

It is an honorable quest to find "Truth" — to be concerned with 'reality', wherever it may lead us.
    Feeling guilty for such an illustrious endeavor would be totally counter-productive!

• Emery
    Emery

To answer your question, no. The only thing I regret is not allowing myself to examine it further at a younger age.

• sspo
    sspo

Never....rather use my remaining time on this earth to enjoy life and to help those that need help and not waste time knocking on doors and leaving

a piece of literature full of lies.

• Wide Awake!
    Wide Awake!

You're not replacing his mom.

He's seeking you out maybe because you can relate to him in this particular aspect. That's life.

I feel no guilt. I feel like my eyes have been opened. Would I feel guilty if I found out that the world is round when everyone else thinks it's flat?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit