If the society started posting dfs and dAs on it's website

by 20yearfader 7 Replies latest jw friends

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

i remember as a kid always hearing my mother saying "I wish the society would announce dfs and dAs to all the congs in the circuit" If the wt would ever do this like post all the dfs and dAs and inactive witnesses on there website how would this effect you?would it open them up to some sort of legal action?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Is the pope a catholic?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

answer Julia's question, you should get your answer to your last question.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

They're so afraid of legal action, they didn't even DF me after I told them I would sue them for libel and slander if they did.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

They used to announce when one was disfellowshipped to nearby congregations,but stopped due to legal reasons. They don't need to do that,Witnesses love gossip.

I know someone who moved to another state,and they were recently disfellowshippped. The news spread across states,so no need for them to broadcast it.

Actully,one hears of the df's,but no one seems to gossip about reinstatements.

• blondie
    blondie

When I was a teenager, they did announce all the df's and da's in the circuit at every congregation, even what they were df'd for, e.g., adultery, fornication. Then in my 20's they stopped that, legal issues, announcing only in the congregation they had been df'd from, eventually leaving off specifics "conduct unbecoming"....

As long as the secular government is willing to regulate the WTS in this, the WTS will adjust...their pocketbook is their vunerable spot.

*** w63 7/1 p. 412 What Disfellowshiping Means ***

The disfellowshiped person may purchase literature as any of the public can, but he will not be given the monthly Kingdom Ministry, since he is no longer a minister of the good news of the Kingdom. Neither can he feel that by moving to another congregation he will be freed from the sanctions placed upon him. The local congregation will be notified and public announcement made of his disfellowshiping for the protection of the congregation there.

• k.chambes
    k.chambes

It's a badge of honour to be disfellowshipped or disassociated from a pro-pedophile cult. The real shame belongs to those who actively support this destuctive corporation.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Gosh there's no way you can get a clean slate with these guys is there? Unless you're a pedophile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit