Would a trip to Israel reveal TTAT to JWs?

by UBM101 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UBM101
    UBM101

Visiting the sites mentioned in the Bible etc, would it open the eyes of some? What do you think?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Even the deserts of australia look like paradise to me compared to the" Promised land flowing with milk and honey"

smiddy

• UBM101
    UBM101

Lol!

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

I know some JWs who went to Israel and it only "strengthened their faith.". I'm curious how you think it would help them see TTATT?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I have been there. If anything it would reinforce it. Being able to see the physical locations of many places in the bible, Jerusalem, the dead sea, Egypt, etc.

It's not like the locations in the bible are fantasy and going there one would find they never existed. There is a Jerusalem, there is a dead sea, you can see ancient egyptian ruins, etc.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If it makes them see the connection between Judaism and the jokehovian witlesses, it might make them second-guess whether jokehovianism is actually xian or is contaminated with other religions. And, if one sees the connection between jokehovianism or Christi-SCAM-ity and communism, one might realize that the whole LIE-ble is intended for their enslavement and not liberation.

• KateWild
    KateWild

No from me. I was brought up a Jew, and went to Holon, Israel for six weeks every year growing up. Around the time I got baptised, I visited to convert my cousin. The hall in Jaffa, has Palastinian and Israeli JWs, all living in "Peace".

Although I saw Jews and Arabs living in peace at this time also because Jaffa is not segregated, I was fooled by the aparant unity in the KHs in Israel. My cousin told me it was a cult and it was nonsense, but there were 18 JW congs at that time, so her opinion did nothing for me.

It may work for some possibly

Kate xx

• jam
    jam

When I went to Disneyland it reinforced my belief in Peter Pan but

I was only 11 years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit