Sacrifices

by lambsbottom 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Hello all,

I remember, whether from a talk or from a WT, sacrifices made in time, money, or energy from JWs compared directly to the animal sacrifices made by the Israelites. Can anyone find some good quotes that show this?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This smut just proves the religion is trying to emulate the Jewish platform despite claiming to be xian. When their own LIE-ble states that Jesus offered up a perfect, complete sacrifice to which nothing ever need be added, and yet they keep harping on the "need" to offer additional sacrifice, they are not living up to the claim (which they themselves make) of being xian. And, since they are so stubborn about being "the only true xians", I intend to hold them to their own claim. Being half-Jewish by practice or trying to emulate Judaism is simply not acceptable in a religion that claims to be "the only true xians".

And if I am going to practice any religion that claims to be one thing yet is another, I might as well discontinue altogether and offer nothing at all. And that means deciding whether to abide by the LIE-ble itself or simply acknowledge the whole thing is a bunch of lies and dump the whole thing. As the whole "sacrifice" smut is nothing more than a scam intended to enslave mankind, and it is clear that Satan was our real Savior from this tyranny, I prefer simply openly worshiping Satan and blowing off the whole thing. That way, I am not making any claims to Talmud, LIE-ble, or quran. And I am not going to waste my time, money, or energy in the deadest work of all time.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

No, the trend was to move away from animal sacrifice altogether. The Qumran adherents, responsible for the Dead Sea Scrolls, also rejected the temple sacrifices. This was also predicted by Dan. 9:24-27. Sacrifice and gift offering would cease. Paul explains the significance of animal sacrifices to Christians at Hebr. 13:10-15. So, "sacrifice of praise" and "doing of good" would take the place of animal sacrifices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit