Welcome to the Masquerade Hall

by msconcerned 5 Replies latest jw friends

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

It has been an interesting ride these last few months, and sometimes i have failed to put into words my feelings as of late. But tonight i have something that will help explain the feeling i get whenever i walk in to the Masquerade(Kingdom) Hall. Masquerade balls were sometimes set as a game among the guests. The masked guests were supposedly dressed so as to be unidentifiable. This would create a type of game to see if a guest could determine each other's identities.

Truer words have not been spoken! It takes emense mental strength to read peoples faces and body language to see what they are really saying. Why do we do this? What kind of B.S do they expect us to swallow when they tell us we are the "true" servants of God because why.....oh yes we have such intense love for one another. In the famous words of one pharisaic elder, "no matter what happens not one of us in our congregation wouldnt give our lives for another" Oh and yet this elders family consistantly makes fun of anyone who is not thin, up to date with fashion, has plans to move where the "great are needed"

Almost everyone wears a mask, so I guess we could also call it "The Lie" Hey brother pharasee is your family back home still in "the lie"? Hi sister brandnewboobimplants how are you? Awsome! How could i not be when we have "the lie" Fake fake frickin fake. I am so tired of the BULL SHIT i have taken off my mask and from now on if you like me for me good, if not i will waste no time trying to please your toxic blend of self righteous, my study habits are so much better than yours, im always right because im so smart attitude.

There is no holy spirit helping us today, this is one of the last things i said to the elders the other day. They tried to refute it and i nailed them with examples. All they could do was backpedal and partially agree with me......see what i mean, MASKS!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Oubliette is just beginning to venture out in public ...

Oubliette

The most ironic thing is this: I'm more REAL now than I've been in decades!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

When I was in, I believed all the others in the KH. I was sure they were sincere and devout and I was the only spiritually weak one. Something wrong with me.

After I was out, I found out how many of them live double lives, and have two faces, one for the world and one for the KH. Then I realized the only thing wrong with me in regard to the JWs was naivete.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Oubliette is just beginning to venture out in public ...

Yes, thanks for the laugh, we all have some "repairs" to make, and i hope that more masks fall off.

• steve2
    steve2

Everyone wears masks of one kind or another. What makes the case of the kingdom hall sad is the desperate compulsion of its people to be afraid to "just" be themselves. It's a hotbed

of harsh judgementalism in which approval is keenly sought. I have painful memories as a young man of feeling unworthy and condemned by the very people whose company and approval I desperately needed. Age - and getting away from the hurtful oppression of the Hall - helped me grow up and take a more adult view of relationships, free of childish cravings for approval. Witnesses may not literally slay you on the battlefield but they sure as hell know how to kill your fledgling spirit with a few deadly glances.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Holy Spirit?? Yeah, right.

It has to be so unhealthy to keep putting on a never-ending facade. I mean, when can a Witness truly be themselves?? When they are in their bathroom at home, with the lights out maybe??

This is why so many in the religion are on medication of every kind and have all sorts of phobias.

I was never very good at keeping on any sort of "mask" and this is part of the reason I had so many problems there. I guess I was no good at being a phony.

I never truly realized how badly the paranoia was until I was really "out" and spent time with some JWs who were still in. I noticed they had a palpable anxiety over appearances, which seemed so pathetic to me. This is something I do not respect and could never live with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit