How many of you went to your Class Reunion when you were a JW??

by James Mixon 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Rebel8. I agree that being a JW is embarrassing - but we are no longer JWs! I have embraced my eXJWism. Not only is it not embarrassing - it is a perfect start of a conversation. I love talking about my JW life. I can bring my audience to tears or hysterical laughter - all depending upon my mood. We all have stories that are wonderful - don't hold back.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I've never been to one, but in a way every day is a class reunion for me. I connected up with a guy I was friends with in high school twenty eight years later (through classmates.com). I wouldn't date him back then because he wasn't a JW. He even predicted back then that we would meet up again someday and he was right. I ended up on classmates by accident. I didnt see him listed but left my email. He went there two days later looking for me. We have been happily married for fifteen years now.

He wants to go to his 45 year reunion next year, he was class of '71, I was class if '72. It might be fun even though I probably won't know anybody there.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

rebel, don't be embarrassed. Class mates I have met over the years tell me they

thought I went nuts. About 20 years ago there was a gathering of class mates,

not a class reunion just old friends. They told me we have heard about you,

a missionary, traveling all over the place. So I went with that, didn't won't to tell

them I clean toilets, LOL.

NewYork44m: My high school announce the up coming class reunions on their

home page.

LisaRose: you may be surprise what your class mate remember about you, and what

things will come to mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit