Images of Christ in homeowners living space

by NeverKnew 6 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

What goes through a JW mind when they're sitting in a home with two 8x10 pictures of Christ hanging from the wall?

Anything? Do they care?

• Fernando
    Fernando

They recoil inwardly - not realising they have been taught to reject Jesus and the message about him.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When I had some local Witnesses drop by b/c I was too lazy to write to the appropriate Bethel dept trashcan, I thought nothing of my decor. Once they left, I noticed icons, crosses, Beatles, Dylan, images. New Yorker covers. No mercy for me.

• designs
    designs

Only the Jesus in a Wt. Calendar was appropriate.

• scary21
    scary21

Yes, they would be very uncomfortable. I know my mom felt very strongly when a relative kept talking about the LORD....the lord this, the lord that. After she left my mom mocked her....she did not like that kind of talk one bit...............but some JW's can't go one sentence without saying Jehovah.

Which one sounds more like Paul in the NT ? Every JW I've asked " JW's don't speak that much about Jesus do they ? " 6 or 7 all had the same answer " Oh yes we do, we pray all prayers through Jesus name " They ALL said the same thing...lol SAD In Jesus name amen...that is enough talk about Jesus.

They don't mind the nice clean cut Jesus in the WT picture, but the one on most peoples wall is a long haired hippy dude. They KNOW Jesus shaved his neck, and trimed his SHORT beard everyday. He also got a nice haircut every 4 weeks.

Sherry

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Similar to looking at Watchtower imagery (even with 1975 fashion) ?

• tiki
    tiki

that collage tells a story. just in time for halloween.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit