PRIMULA

by messenger 5 Replies latest jw friends

• messenger
    messenger

This word is causing quiet a stir with higher ups at Bethel. Any further information as to why "Primula" is such a source of concern?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Are any of them gardeners?

• Matty
    Matty

Isn't that the cheese spread that comes in tubes? It looks like toothpaste, but I wouldn't recommend brushing your teeth with it. Maybe there's a scare about that it might not be kosher! I remember when I was growing up some brothers and sisters started a rumour that they put blood in meringues. Yes meringues!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Matty,

I remember the meringue scare very well. It spread to all cakes and sweets generally, but the biggest faux-pas was a circuit servant who told us that Lyons ice cream also contained blood.

Some bright spark in our congregation, WSM, where else, wrote and asked the Lyons co if indeed they put blood into their ice cream. Lyons wrote back, questioned the sanity of JW's generally and threatened to sue if they didn't shut the f*** up!

Englishman.

• Dino
    Dino

• Matty
    Matty

Englishman

Dino must have said something that I guess he has had to retract. It might have been top secret info about this Primula thing - too bad I missed it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit