Was Richard Carrier a Jehovah's Witness?

by DeWandelaar 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I was watching this lecture of him (very nice actually) and he was referring a lot of the bible. Now he used a bible version with Jehovah's name in it and used it quite a lot. I was therefore wandering: was he a witness at some point (around 6.20)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Xg4zFQyqY

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Anyone?

• Hortensia
  • DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Well I was actually surprised he uses a version in which Jehovah kicks in most of the time... that is why I ask

• L3G
    L3G

I think he is using the American Standard Version of 1901. JWs used this translation a lot prior to producing their own New World Translation in the 1950s. It uses "Jehovah of hosts" and "Jehovah" 6000+ times in the Old Testament.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Funny, I just read his book, "Why I Am Not a Christian" today

• steve2
    steve2

I can just hear Jehovah God answering your earnest inquiry:

"Listen carefully and listen well: I existed perfectly fine for an absolute eternity without witnesses. These Amercian spoilt brat upstarts brazenly seized my Anglicised name in 1931 and my reputation's gone downhill ever since over these nigh 80 plus years.

It's been f*king murder. No one can say my name without asking, Where's his witnesses? I'm so over it! They are not - repeat NOT - my witnesses. I don't need them and I don't need witnesses of any kind whatsoever.

I am the king of the universe, higher than anything or anyone ever. I don't need to be vindicated because I am beholden to no one or nothing. I rule!! Now worship me or be damned."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit