Sunday's Talk

by biometrics 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

So my wife has started going to Sunday meetings again. When she returns home I ask her what she learned.

Yesterday's talk was about "putting up with brothers and sisters who suffer depression" (in my wife's words). This confirms my suspicions that there's a high percentage of JWs who suffer from depression disorders. In my opinion living as a JW possibly causes depression.

This is worth a read. It almost perfectly describes the behaviour of most Jehovah's Witnesses I've known.

http://surrealist.org/betrayalofthespirit/disorders.html

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I can honestly say that my 5 year depression was totally linked to this cult. My suicide attempt was also linked. it has only started to taper down this past year.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I totally agree!

Sadly my 18 year old son was recently diagnosed with a form of depression and was put on medication along with therapy. We are learning just how much this religion has damaged our little family! We have a very long road ahead of us :(

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep, involvement in the cult didn't give me depression but it sure as hell facilitated it. Now I'm on meds for the rest of my life, whereas had I got out earlier I might not be.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I have suffered serious depression only 3 times in my life.

1. When my mother died.

2. When I first started going to meetings at 18 years of age.

3. When I went back to meetings after several decades away.

I no longer have anything to do with the cult. And guess what? No more depression.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I thought that was yesterday's WT

George

• biometrics
    biometrics

^^ Could have been. I didn't read it so I wouldn't know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit