DID I MISS SOMETHING? Aren't the JW's enjoying their long SABBATH?

by Terry 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    According to the Bible timetable, man's history on earth has been nearly 6,000 years. Adam was created in 4026 B.C.E., which means that six thousand years of human history end about the fall of 1975 C.E. We are in the great 7,000-year rest day of God, starting at the time he rested after the creation of Adam and Eve. There are, therefore, a thousand years left to run. Without Satan and his demons to disturb mankind it will indeed be a restful time. It will be like a sabbath.Watchtower 7/15/67 pg.446-7

Are the brothers and sisters at the local Kingdom Hall enjoying the 1,000 year reign of Christ that started in 1975?

The reason I ask is, they don't seem to have ever mentioned it again!??

Did I miss the articles or discussion?

What gives?

Are Jehovah's Witnesses simply living in that loooooooooong sabbath?

p.s. Why are we apostates still alive and kicking? I'm beginning to think the Sociey's chronology was in error, but, I may be hyper-critical. They are the mouthpiece of Jehovah and these articles are published under the banner of JEHOVAH'S Kingdom. If this were all an error it would bring shame and mocking on Jehovah. True christians would never do that sort of thing.

p.p.s. Now that Satan and his demons are gone, why is there still bad news on t.v.? I'm puzzled!

• clarity
    clarity

bttt

• Terry
    Terry

Among the truly embarassing disasters of Witness theology standing like a monument it stupidity and total abandonment of reason

is the 1975 embroglio.

If they have never REVOKED it (the end of 6,000 years of human existence and the beginning of the millennium) they have to OWN IT.

Don't they?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Terry... you silly guy... don't you know that all of this has happened, and it is invisible? If you can't see that, then you are not worthy. ;)

Jesus has been ruling for 99 years - invisibly...

Armageddon occurred in 1975 - invisibly...

Satan has been caged - invisibly...

We're living in the 'new system' - invisibly...

Do you see the pattern? Well, of course you don't! It's invisible!

Just like the King's new clothes.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Good point.

If I'm asked why I don't go to the Kingdom Hall anymore, I will say "Men of little faith, do you not know I am there thru my invisible presence?
    Did you not get my invisible monthly report?"

• Terry
    Terry

Use CONTROL+A here:

If you stop and think about it--what a desperate ploy it is to save your reputation by telling everybody something happened invisibly

and trying to prove it by saying "every eye shall see him-but--it is with the "eye" of understanding."

Well, this accounts for the word SEE but it certainly does not account for the word EVERY--does it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit