Old Jws view on old Societys books

by Decided 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

I was asked to come by and get some old pictures and stuff that my cousin who died left with her non JW husband. He had two boxes of old pictures my aunt had left to her daughter(my cousin who died after her).

I went by another cousin who is still a JW and left the boxes of stuff that my aunt and cousin left when they died. There were many pictures of my relatives at KHs and FS. Also there were several book bags that were used in Field Service, as it was called back then.

There were several WT books that were several years old and when I told my cousin she said they weren,t used anymore, like there is new light which makes the old books no good anymore.

She also said there was new letters read at the KH and a new New World Translation bible. She is still a faithful member at the KH and said there were many comming to the meetings now.

My whole family were JWs on my Dad's side but none on my mother,s side except her. My brother and I are the only ones who left the JWs. It just seemed strange that she viewed the books left by her aunt and cousin as of no value anymore.

Ken P.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Which books are they? Would you be willing to ship them to a different location?

ILTTATT

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

My MIL collect the old books, she probably has everything ever printed by now. yet she doesn't read any of them.

There was on out, i don't remerber which, but one of the "Studies" set, I was looking through it, My FIL saw me and said, "That basically the same as we tech today, no different."

Yeah, right.

• Decided
    Decided

ILTTAT, They weren't very old, maybe 10 or twenty years old. I've been out for over 30 years so really don't know what books they were. I wasn't interested enough to take them out but what I saw looked like some I was given several years ago.

Ken P.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I was helping clear out a house a couple of years ago, and my sister found the old WTS books we used to use at the Book Study back in the 70's & 80's- and she tore the covers off them and threw the pages in the bonfire we had burning. I was slightly shocked- she is still a 'true believer', but she treated those books like they were just old rubbish....

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

Yes, save the old stuff, Bethel is systematically removing everything prior to 2000, literally destroying the literature as much as possible and it will accelerate soon. Pretty soon I hear they may be liquidating the KH libraries. And what they cannot finish is pegged for a continuation by means external to the internal Bethel system. And that is worldwide. As you know everything after 2000 is not JW foundational teachings, and more change is due, and a little faster than gradual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit