Help! Gave away all of my reference library. Need information.

by Odrade 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Odrade
    Odrade

Hello all, long time no see to the old-timers, and greetings to the new ones!

I have a bit of a conundrum, and could use some help from the documentarian crowd.

Over the 10 years since leaving the JWs, I've disposed of nearly all WT materials I owned, never anticipating that I would need them. Recently, as the strong encouragement of my friends, (pushy people!) I've decided to write a family history of our involvement in the WT, (and my subsequent disengagement.) I'm not sure if it will grow up to be anything commercially viable (like a book,) but on certain points I'm looking for confirmation of my recollections. Here are a couple to begin with.

#1: The woman that converted my mother was a member of the 2nd class of Gilead, sent to Lima, Peru. There is a Yearbook devoted to that and some direct information about her, but I don't recall which year, nor do I know if there's a way to access this.

#2: Is there still a library online of WT works, (other than the heavily redacted official WT.org version?) I know the old Quotes site was mirrored for awhile, but haven't had much luck in finding a successor. When I do reference beliefs (although I don't intend this writing to be any kind of doctrinal or argumentation guide,) I'd like it to be reasonable accurate. 10 years pokes large holes in your memory.

That's it for now. I'll take help anywhere I can get it. If anybody wants to communicate with me directly, PM me and I will provide an email address.

Stacey

• Odrade
    Odrade

P.S.

If anyone in the Portland, OR area has a personal WT library from which they might consider lending a few items, please contact me.

• The Quiet One
  • Odrade
    Odrade

I'm sure I don't intend to toil day and night on tbis project, but that's okay because I'm not an elder. :-D

• blondie
    blondie

I'll check on my WT-CD but it's at home and I'm still at work, Odrade.

• eby
    eby

*** yb79 pp. 201-202 Peru *** eight Gilead missionaries finally arrived in Peru on October 20, 1946. That original group included Walter and Christine Akin and Nellena and Verda Pool,

*** w60 11/15 p. 692 Pursuing My Purpose in Life *** Pursuing My Purpose in Life As told by W. B. Akin

*** w57 3/1 p. 141 Pursuing My Purpose in Life*** As told by Nellena G. Pool

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thank you Eby! That's the one, yb1979! I wonder if there is really only 2 pages of Peru? I recall it being more.

Hopefully I can find a copy on ebay or alibris.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thanks Blondie. There are a couple of things I'd love to talk with you about if you have time. No hurry, ancient history. I think we chatted about some local things in the past, but now I'd like to take a few notes, for the sake of some timelines. I still don't know what belongs in the story, but it's just draft zero. I can worry about that later, if I ever make it to edits. :)

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thanks Blondie. There are a couple of things I'd love to talk with you about if you have time. No hurry, ancient history. I think we chatted about some local things in the past, but now I'd like to take a few notes, for the sake of some timelines. I still don't know what belongs in the story, but it's just draft zero. I can worry about that later, if I ever make it to edits. :)

edit: Hmmm... I see this board still has a double posting problem. heh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit