Are you religious or are you spiritual? Wake up to what?

by Deltawave 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Calling dishonesty dishonest is an accurate representation and not a personal attack.

Since I assume you CAN read, then you should know that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about a common technique you use, which is to qualify what others say or think in such a way that you implicitly attack that person's intelligence, integrity and character - therefore, in essence, a sly form of ad hominem. And then you complaint you become the recipient of ad hominem as well? Therefore, if you deceitfully claim you don't attack others personally, but merely their ideas, when if fact that's precisely what you do, how shall we call that? That's right - dishonesty.

And btw - this will save me another post - to reply to your thoughtful comment in another thread: My fantasies are only about tasteful items, therefore ... no.

Eden

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Since I assume you CAN read, then you should know that's not what I was talking about.

More personal attacks. Your argument is invalid.

I was talking about a common technique you use, which is to qualify what others say or think in such a way that you implicitly attack that person's intelligence, integrity and character - therefore, in essence, a sly form of ad hominem.
    You shouldn't expect others to read your mind nor dishonestly make claims about other people. It's quite simple, if people don't want to be accused of dishonesty, don't be dishonest. If you don't want to be accused of making false claims about other people, then don't make them. If you don't want your entire argument invalidated by opening with a pointless personal attack, then don't make personal attacks.
    And then you complaint you become the recipient of ad hominem as well?

More false claims. I've never complained about it. Rather, I've come to expect it when irrational arguments are exhausted. Indeed, you opened this post with one. Rather than complain, I simply point out the reality of invalidating your own argument by going that route and move on.

In the future, please don't pretend I get offended at your attempts to insult me. Despite your attempts, you've neither managed to insult me or cause me to complain. My feelings are not so fragile that a person I don't know that misrepresents what I say on the internet has the ability to bother me. Quite the contrary, I find it pretty damn amusing that people resort to personal attacks.

Therefore, if you deceitfully claim you don't attack others personally, but merely their ideas, when if fact that's precisely what you do, how shall we call that? That's right - dishonesty.

Please show where, on this thread, I have insulted a person rather than discuss the content of the post. You imagining or pretending it happened doesn't make it reality.

• cofty
    cofty

Next move is to say that you have checked out the BK, decided it is wonderful and that you have decided to join.

It's a cult...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Viviane, your statement certainly did make it sound like you have a problem with meditation. If you don't, then there is nothing to discuss.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    LisaRose: I could be wrong, but I believe the BK method of meditation is quite different than "mindfulness" meditation commonly practiced by buddhists and some secularists.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    You statement certainly did make it sound like you have a problem with meditation. If you don't, then there is nothing to discuss.

As I said, I never said anything negative about meditation. Any idea that I did came from you alone, not me.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Deltawave: please state unequivocally that you have nothing to do with the Brahma Kumaris.

Thanks.

• cofty
    cofty
    please state unequivocally that you have nothing to do with the Brahma Kumaris

The last BK cult recruiter stated unequivocally that they had never heard of the BK. Then it turned out that they were lying for Gandhi.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I've heard lots of people through the years, people at the door, teachers, professors, and friends say they admire the philosophies of these religious leaders, but not their religions. None of these people were promoting the BK cult, but it is the way they feel about Jesus Muhammad and Buddha.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    None of these people were promoting the BK cult, but it is the way they feel about Jesus Muhammad and Buddha.

Very true. However, DW's name is the same as a specific teach of the BKs and DW is promoting the very specific teachings of the BKs.

It's the equivalent of someone saying they had never heard of the JWs but promoting 1914, overlapping generations and their blood policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit