Are you religious or are you spiritual? Wake up to what?

by Deltawave 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• galaxie
    galaxie
    To seek a higher purpose by means of a supernatural undefined answer is to concede that your life from birth to grave is beyond your own ability to find a purposeful life from which you can find love , beauty,wonder and happiness and cherish your existence with others on this unique planet.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    We haven't heard from you in a while Deltawave so hope you're OK. Sometimes people who have been very hurt by the JW religion can react strongly to talk of anything spiritual. I have totally understood your posts about the need for more than just a mundane life, I can relate to the search for meaning, many of us can. Hope you haven't been frightened away by the strong reactions here. Take care.
  • Deltawave
    Deltawave

Thanks Xanyhippe,

Frightened off is the wrong word but made cautious by the perceived bitterness of some members yes.

Im glad you dig what I'm saying. I feel there is alot of good about been a JW,

• Good morality
    • Clean speech
    • Simple life promoted
    • Clean living

Ect..... But I don't agree with their religious theology. I feel that we do need to strive for something beyond the mundane matters of life, have a greater purpose but I'm not sure the JWs are the answer for that.

I Think most religions have good and bad in them, but that they all miss the point of what they are trying to accomplish.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Frightened off is the wrong word but made cautious by the perceived bitterness of some members yes.

You came here preaching your version of the truth like so many others and it just happened to be the exact teachings of another cult and you just happened to pick a user name associated with that cult.

What you perceive as bitterness is everyone being tired of the same of retread of people coming to to recruit for yet another wacky religion (exactly what you are recruiting for despite your protestations) and claiming have it all right.

• Good morality
    • Clean speech
    • Simple life promoted
    • Clean living

They neither have nor promote any of those things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit