Interesting movie trivia fact about new WT Headquarters location

by WingCommander 6 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Here is a weird fact: As I was watching the official WT video about the new Headquarters project (can be seen on JW.org), I recognized the building they were tearing down, the front shot of it. Why's that? Because this building was used exclusively in the 1986 movie, "The Manhattan Project". It's kind of a cult-classic favourite movie from my youth that I still watch. It stars a young Cynthia Nixon (Sex & the City), John Lithgow, as well as Christopher Collet in probably his best role. If you get into the WTBTS's video a few minutes, they show the one dilapidated building. Now below, is a still frame from the movie. Same front entrance, façade, windows. This makes sense, as the movie itself (school scenes, etc) were filmed in Patterson, NY, NYC, and Ithaca. All throughout the movie you see scenes from this location and surrounding area. Towards the end of the movie especially we see more of the exterior of this building. I highly recommend the movie some rainy day.

Here's just (1) screen shot.

1986 Building Exterior

Screw you WT turds, for destroying such a nice area for your cult compound. I'd also like state how bat-sh*t crazy Mark Sanderson is for claiming this is a "historical event" like when the WT moved from Pittsburgh to NYC. It reminds me of when Rutherford had those conventions in Cedar Point, OH, and actually claimed they were some of the trumpet blasts of Revelation. (Ref: Revelation Climax book) Seriously? No one gives a crap! I was also disgusted by the fact that they were claiming God Himself was directing them to move, POSITIVE he told them to move. This is like Jim Jones claiming he was directed to move to Guyana. Creepy indeed.

- Wing Commander

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Thank you for posting - very interesting!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Here's the link to the video on jw.org that I am referencing for those not familiar. Total run time is like 13 minutes. Enjoy! **GAG**

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/construction/video-world-headquarters-jehovahs-witnesses-history-warwick/

Maybe this sounds stupid, but here's just (1) more thing that the WT has ruined for me, a MOVIE ! Now, every time I watch this classic, I'll be reminded of how the WT Cult bought the land and tore down the buildings from the movie. Ugh, it's like you can't ever really escape this crap. Also, I'm kind of one of those movie buff weirdo types that visits movie set locations. It's weird, I know. For instance, I did everything that Ferris Bueller did (ok, minus the parade float) when I first visited Chicago. I've been to other movie set locations as well. I had planned to visit this site when I finally got up to Ithaca to visit the finger lakes (I live in PA) but now that idea is ruined by these whacko nutcases. Screw you WT. By the way, this video is creepy. At the end of the segment where Geoffery Jackson is speaking and he talks about how this place will be like it is in Paradise after this System of Things comes to an end, I was really creeped out. He really had a glee in his eye and sounded crazy. It's also creepy how they keep referring to everyone up there as "The Family". This has "Cult" terminology written all over it. **Shudder** I wonder, what would a normal, regular type Christian think of hearing such crazy talk? It must sound really foreign and creepy to normal people. The workers (RBC volunteers) they interviewed looked like they were high on Jehovah's glory, or SOMETHING. All so excited to be doing this for JEHOVAH. Seriously? God doesn't need these buildings, the old men at the top do to retire in! How about building some soup kitchens, orphanages, hospitals, and nursing homes to actually HELP people? Maybe then Jesus and YHWH might actually care? Getting all glass-eyed and giddy about building a compound in the middle of nowhere that benefits NO ONE except yourselves? Shut my mouth!!!

- Wing Commander

• jgnat
    jgnat

That's a pretty building. Not exactly Frank Lloyd Wright, but still very nice. Too expensive to renovate?

• trebor
    trebor

"I was also disgusted by the fact that they were claiming God Himself was directing them to move, POSITIVE he told them to move."

I saw that in the video too. Funny, as it seems a lot changed in the year, or perhaps God is only speaking to some members of the Watchtower's governing body...

"Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick...We are proceeding to develop the site with the intention of relocating the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses there."
    [Governing Body member, Guy H. Pierce - Watchtower, August 15, 2012, page 17]

• rmt1
    rmt1

"Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick"

Another datum in favor of the argument that internet is a dominant force in expanding the context in which thinking persons can perform simple calculations of scale and magnitude and perform sanity checks on claims of divine intervention.

For instance, what was the all-powerful Jehovah's will regarding the Indonesian tsunami of 2004 that killed 230,000 people?

• scotoma
    scotoma

So JWgod is directing them to get involved in this historic project that won't be finished until 2017.

In that video they are extolling the beauty of the developement. "You brothers are going to LOVE it" "We have some special surprises for you when you come to visit it."

JWgod is telling us we will still have freedom of movement and free time to waste on a JW Hajj or Pilgrimage. We know we have at least 4 years because Jehovah wouldn't have his people

spend so much time building an edifice that was of no value.

So if we have a minimum of 4 years why do they keep saying we are right at the threshold of the Great Tribulation.

So what's the message from JWgod? You have plenty of time to build your lovely dwelling and inhabit it and display it proudly to visitors. Or is the message - "we have very little time left"

Last time they said we have very little time they successfully built a real estate empire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit