Burglars posing as JWs, will WTS change D2D

by doinmypart 8 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/Burglars-pose-jehovahs-witness/nbLnt/

In Georgia, U.S. burglars are posing as JWs, canvassing and breaking into homes. Something similar happened a couple months ago in Nevada. Do you think the WTS will change their door-to-door policy or at least send out a BOE letter addressing this issue?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

When I saw that news item i linked it on my twitter page!

Quite a few years ago while out in field "service" there was a property with two houses, one in back of the other. The lady at the first house answered her door and immediately began hollering at us to get out, while latching the hook, and yelling at someone to lock the back door! The stupid ape "brother" I was with had gone around to the back house without waiting to talk to the first lady there, and she had seen him go around the side, and was scared to death.

So it has been on some people's minds for a long time, that JW at the door might not be who they claim to be.

• Simon
    Simon

Seems a very 'brave' thing to do - I wouldn't imagine burglars would want to risk being seen and possibly identified like that (but then I think we have a tendancy to credit them with more intelligence than they really deserve).

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

That is nothing new. Old trick for criminals, and Wt ain't changing

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I'm seeing more and more JWs hanging around "ministry carts" in city centres. Is there already a move afoot to do less actual door-to-door (in your face) witnessing, and be more like wallpaper, merely in the background?

• briffoux
    briffoux

" a black late model Buick sedan" seen near the break-ins? Could it be a COmobile?

• blondie
    blondie

But then on the other side, jws going from door to door noticed some suspicious moving trucks during the day and told the police....they were burglars taken advantage of the neighborhoods where no one was at home during the day.

You don't have to pretend to be jws, could be Mormons

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This is kinda like JW's walking around pretending to be Christians.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

At least Burglers don't steal "souls"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit