Has the organization changed their policy toward inactive ones?

by TweetieBird 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

For the past few years, family members and long time friends have pretty much ignored us because we don't go to meetings. Recently, my sister (a regular pioneer) asked me to friend her on facebook, my mother-in-law (a regular pioneer) actually visited us and stayed in our home and another friend that I haven't heard from in years just asked me to friend her on facebook. Just curious.

• steve2
    steve2

The "policies" on inactive ones wax and wane - sometimes they appear stricter, other times, more lenient.

Sometimes it even differs from congregation to congregation and how recently the last District Convention was. People are strange and Witnesses personify that strangeness beautifully:

If they've recently heard a very stern talk about keeping the congregation clean, all of a sudden they'll scrupulously shun inactive ones - but a few weeks later, with the heat off, they'll be marginally less hostile.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I faded this year. I thought WT articles came across as more strict (Jan 15, 2013, not to even email family that's out).

HOWEVER, except for a handful of families I personally know, the vast majority are openly socializing with d'fd family and keeping d'fd friends on Facebook.

Just my two cents.

• sspo
    sspo

My ex approched my two inactive daughters and told them she would stop associating with them...they are under satan's control according to her.

She made the decision right after attending a circuit assembly.

The reason given was that was the only way she could receive blessing from Jehovah.

She was born in the organization, she's 53 and so far has not seen too many blessings....she's going to give another try.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I think it will depend on the individuals. My brother who is absolutely pro-JW is very very nice and he knows how I am standing against the JW's (I even called CT Russell an apostate in an argument ;)).

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I was just curious. I finally got to the point where having my family and close friends ignore me didn't bother me and now they are back in my life.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

@Tweetie... that is most of the time the way it goes... just give everyone the time to swallow the new situation. In my situation I was very harshly because I was very upset about all the things I found out but now I am more quietly with it and I swallow critisism when I think it would not help my cause. I am coping with it quite well and most JW's are still nice to me (one even came by for a drink while in service).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Gypsy Sam - "I thought WT articles came across as more strict (Jan 15, 2013, not to even email family that's out)..."

TThe rhetoric and propaganda is getting steadily more extreme.

Gypsy Sam - "...except for a handful of families I personally know, the vast majority are openly socializing with d'fd family and keeping d'fd friends on Facebook."

And that's why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit