Expedite Elder Appointments?

by Simon Templar 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

I am out of touch with any new or modified procedures for elder appointments. Does anyone know, if an Elder had deleted himself, and several years later wants to resume involvement, is there now an accelerated method for re-appointment? Does only the BOE appoint or is the CO concurrance and Service Dep't appointment still needed? Someone I know mentioned something along these lines, but it sounded strange to me. Any clarification is appreciated.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Simon,

In my opinion it all depends how much the service committee likes you. Yes they have to wait f or the CO to come. In our hall anyway. Why do you ask? Do you want to be an elder again?

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Simon. I have been out too long to help with your question but welcome to JWN.

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

I have no interest in being an Elder. A witness friend who has been out for several years has parents who are in. He mentioned this simplified process to me as something his Parents mentioned in passing (provided he understood them). I thought to research it as best I could. It seemed strange to me that the WTS would relinquish that kind of Authority. I thought if they did, it would be for legal reasons, to protect the WTS from liability in case the Elder did something that started a law suit. "We didnt appoint him, the local congregation did" so they are held harmless.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

After being inactive for 8 years following stepping down as an elder I became a regular publisher again in early 2009. After 6 months the BOE would include me on several BOE issues asking my advice on procedural matters and such. They asked if I would consider being an elder again and it took me by surprise. They wanted to make the recommendation to the CO on his visit but I told them I was not interested. I am certain that the same process of approval from Brooklyn is still required. Brooklyn keeps records of all deletion sand the circumstances surrounding them. No doubt that is used and considered before re appointments are made.

3 months later I was divorced and have not set foot near a KH since.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I remember at an Elders school over 13 yrs ago that the plans to streamline the reappointments of MS's and Elders would be forthcoming. I haven't heard of any easy reappointments lately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit