What the hell happened to "Heaven"

by smiddy 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

It seems to me that this 20th / 21st century has made heaven obsolete .Prior to this timeframe the average person would have thought ,somewhere just above the clouds is where heaven would be.Then gradually as knowledge and science increased ," heaven" has been further removed from the vicinity of earth.Then we had Yuri Gagarin the russian cosmonaut circling the earth in his space capsule , and he wasnt in heaven .Now many people from different countries circle the world in space in the international space ship.They obviously are not in heaven either.

Not to be overlooked of course is the moon landings , which was a major acheivement for science and engineering when it was first accomplished.

However their has not been one ,not two or even three moon landings , their has been six with a total of twelve humans who have set foot on the moon. And they never encounted "heaven " For people who dispute the moon landings , do you honestly think other nations ,some hostile to the americans ,would sit back and not challenge these acheivements ?. After all these years ?

Now for the ultimate question on heaven.It was just recently announced that the Voyager spacecraft that was sent aloft in the seventies has now actually left the confines/influence of this solar system ,and is now into interstellar space , in other words outside the effects of the sun.

So ,Is heaven just above the clouds ? Is heaven further away than the moon ? Is heaven outside the solar system ?

Can a man made object from earth , a spacecraft/ satellite enter into heaven ?

I would appreciate your comments

smiddy

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

All the things you mention are physical. The moon for instance can be physically reached in our 3D reality. What people call 'heaven' however is another dimension, we cannot see this from the dimension we're in while we're alive as humans.

My two cents...

• rmt1
    rmt1

Heaven is a Neolithic diametrically vertical rejection of the deterioration of corpses that disappear into the ground under gravity. Of course you cannot foist your version of an afterlife on others and thereby accrue income without some persuasive or unarguable words from the deity you represent, so you must people your heaven with your deity and make sure that your deity writes something or other - it doesn't have to be legible, comprehensible, consistent- so that you can say that you have the single unfailing correct interpretation and are the deity's authorized salesmen representatives.

It's easiest to think of heaven as an orthogonal brane or 4th spatial dimension in which our three dimensional universe is placed. Orthogonality that we can theorize but not demonstrate conserves the idea that God has TCP/IP addresses for every hair of your head and hears what you think with attosecond response time. This is superior to attempting to fit a scientifically demonstrable heaven -that so far has refused to demonstrate itself- into our present understanding of the universe, which would place it beyond the observable hubble volume, or, before the existence of the universe, and require God to communicate faster than light speed. I recently read an article in Scientific American that CERN was able to spell out "I am" using the Higgs Boson ok that's lame jk. I mean, there's a lot of wavelengths that are invisible - near IR, mid IR, far IR, microwave, radio, xray, gamma. What wavelength does heaven radiate at? We should be able to detect traces of it if it occupies some frame of reference to our reality. (Think of the little pips of plastic that tell you an item was molded.) If one feels that "the fingers of god" phenomena -because someone said "god"- is evidence of such a divine presense in our reality, I invite that individual to read up on what the fingers of god are, actually.

I ask to be unsubscribed from the deity-heaven emails, but I do think of the future itself with the same fervent anticipation as others think of heaven. The future is a domain of mostly good that surrounds an unavoidable chunk of bad. The good is a pervasive general well-relaxed ongoing improvement in some optimal majority of people's lives, punctuated by occasional catastrophic reversals of human decency.

Since I do not subscribe to warp drive, either, I figure that humanity's future would get them as far as the Oort Cloud, a gossamer shell of comets one light year from the sun, and the last gasp of dominance from our sun, but not colloquially "part of the Solar System". Voyager is only a hundred or so AU's out. It will take hundreds or thousands of years to reach the Oort cloud.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Firstly god was in the hightest mountains, after that he was in the clouds, after that in the stars, now he is out of time and space.

But the truth is he never was outside our minds.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Like your mention of brane (membrane), rmt1. 'Heaven' may transcend the membranes, though.

S

• jam
    jam

The flood gates of heaven open up and rain flooded the

earth. Humm rain clouds distance from earth surface (3-20 miles).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit