Economy is on the Rebound

by dubla 8 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

cnn is reporting that the u.s. economy grew at its strongest pace in more than two years in the first quarter, rebounding from our first recession in a decade. GDP grew at a rate of 5.8 percent in the first quarter, after growing 1.7 percent in the fourth quarter of 2001.

"the economy didnt just slide out of recession, but surged out of recession," said david kelly, economist at putnam investments.

anyhow, good news for anyone who was concerned about a possible economic collapse.

aa

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

But, but, but...this must be a ploy by the God of this world Satan. How joyous that as JW we do not partake in such good news for our suffering is for the WTS. Bwahaha, I know they jump on any knews and try and twist it for their needs. Since this is good news I'm sure it would fall under their, "Peace and Security" edict.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Recession, whatever. As long as we've been tracking economics, there have been periods of growth and periods of shrinkage (recession). I predict that in the future our economy will grow, and then it will shrink, then grow again. How's that for a prophesy? Nothing to do but tough out the bad times and enjoy the good ones!

<edited because I can't speeeel>

• dubla
    dubla

i cant wait for yk to jump on here and tell us why this statistic is meaningless, with links to a full illustration complete with charts and graphs from the (wacko)larouche himself.

aa

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Rebound? A lot of companies are still losing money and laying off their employers.

• dubla
    dubla

fred-

Rebound? A lot of companies are still losing money and laying off their employers.
    first off, when did i say every u.s. company is out of the red? and since when does ("a lot of companies") = (the entire u.s. economy)? the GDP is the broadest measure of economic strength, which is why it is used to determine a "recession", and also used to determine growth. if you cant understand that some companies will lose money, even though the economy as a whole is growing, then you need to go back and take econ 101 freddy.

aa

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Aaron,

Stop talking out of your ass about me taking economy 101. A lot of GDP comes from business that got rid of their products that was left on their shelfs. Economy on the rebound my ass!!

• one
    one

Use WT production, layoff, and sales statistict, they are more reliable, straight "curve" going down since the "end of the century". They are shutting down "the work was completed", the world will end "within month not years".

selling your house already?

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

What is wrong with this picture?

Rebound? A lot of companies are still losing money and laying off their employers
    Tried to fire da boss, Freddy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit