I don't care...

by lostinthought 6 Replies latest jw friends

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

First of all, I haven't been to a meeting since this summer. I actually had a better plan for fading but of number of things happened where I decided it was best to go "cold turkey" (one of the biggest things that caused my exit was that an elder at my last shepparding call who said he thought I was suicidal when I really have no attention of killing myself). So when the phone calls, emails and texts started coming, I’ve been ignoring them all, except those from my family. I am sick of seeing texts about the New bible and annual meeting, some idiot even left me a message on the day of the meeting telling me she would pick me up for it if I wanted. I know where the KH is…I simply do not care! Do they not get this? If I get another text about the new bible I think I might scream!!! I have no interest in even looking at it on the internet. I briefly read some threads regarding it, and that’s it. Someone texted me today assuming that I went to the annual meeting, she asked what my favorite part was…Well let me think, I haven’t been to a normal meeting why the hell would I go to the annual meeting? I really felt like replying: “Actually I didn’t attend, instead I was with my worldly boyfriend and we went to his nephew’s birthday party”. I know fading is one of the only ways to keep family, but I just want to be left alone.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well at least you got people who are interested in you!

Nobody's contacted me with anything about the new Bible.

• cofty
    cofty

Fading is the best option for some people but it depends on your circumstances. Personally I could never have managed it; for me the cost of losing family and friends was worth the freedom.

The worse of all worlds is to put up with the stress of fading, only to be outed by a well-meaning friend or family member and get DFd anyway.

Only you can judge.

• Laika
    Laika

Just give it a bit more time, they will give up eventually.

• Glander
    Glander

Slimboy-

Well at least you got people who are interested in you!

Nobody's contacted me with anything about the new Bible.

Join the club, pal! I guess nobody gives a damn about us.

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

It's not that they care that much about me either, but it's only been a couple of months so I guess I'm technically not incative. p.s. I love you guys

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Early days for most of you guys, (except Slimboy, who bemoans no attention, but has been fading since Oct 1914 at least LOL).

I went cold turkey, and it would have been fine, if I hadn't opened my BIG mouth to the wrong people. Be glad of no contact, no interest, if that continues for enough time you are in the clear, as much as a "Fader" ever can be.

After six months you tend to drop well off the radar, unless an enthusisatic Nazi Elder makes you his special project, if that happens, tread very carefully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit