JW's Reading This Are Almost Apostates.

by Englishman 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

The Paying attention book defines apostasy as:

Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and
    speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught
    by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates.

So, there goes YK for his prophesies, after all they are contrary to the teachings of JW's, and he speaks about his convictions here. Strike YK.

There too goes Yadirf for his Biblical interpretations that are contrary to the teachings of JW's, and he speaks about his convictions here. Strike Yadirf.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot, you can't be DF'd for just being here, you can only be DF'd if you speak about what you have read here.

Gagging or what? So sad!

Englishman.

• Leander
    Leander

I guess that makes me guilty as well

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Therefore, never-been JWs like me who doesn't agree with WatchTower teachings are also considered apostates.

My, My... How do they change their definitions lately...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

An interesting turn of phrase in that Pay Attention book quote

Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates.

"stubbornly" hold to - what does this indicate? Perhaps that elders will be assigned to 'adjust' the thinking of the errant one? Then when that proves unsuccessful, the errant one is labelled stubborn.

"Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses" - So that indicates there is Bible truth not taught by Jehovah's Witnesses?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Hiya Englishman,

teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught
    by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates.

How about leaving off ,"as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses". How about a person is considered an apostate if he teach contrary to the "Bible".
    WTS have paved a dangerous road for itself in being so presumptuous in saying that they are God's spokesman.

Pureheart

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    WTS have paved a dangerous road for itself in being so presumptuous in saying that they are God's spokesman.

If you were starting up a new religion, you'd probably make the same claim. Therein lies the rub, it's a man-made religion based upon a fallable administration using a business corporation.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Francois
    Francois

By that definition, the GB should all be disfellowshipped as they are constantly teaching something that is in opposition to what they have previously taught.

"Adjust thinking"? Most JWs I know couldn't adjust a water heater.

Francois

• Lily
    Lily

i find that it is time to watch self judgement take place (that is for those who make these standards and can't live by them) and plan to sit down and watch the show!

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

http://www.m-w.com/

Here is Apostate:

One entry found for apostate.

Main Entry: apos·tate
    Pronunciation: &-'päs-"tAt, -t&t
    Function: noun
    Date: 14th century
    : one who commits apostasy
    - apostate adjective

Here is Apostasy:

One entry found for apostasy.

Main Entry: apos·ta·sy
    Pronunciation: &-'päs-t&-sE
    Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
    Etymology: Middle English apostasie, from Late Latin apostasia, from Greek, literally, revolt, from aphistasthai to revolt, from apo- + histasthai to stand -- more at STAND
    1 : renunciation of a religious faith
    2 : abandonment of a previous loyalty : DEFECTION

Here is Defection:

One entry found for defection.

Main Entry: de·fec·tion
    Pronunciation: di-'fek-sh&n
    Date: 1552
    : conscious abandonment of allegiance or duty (as to a person, cause, or doctrine) : DESERTION
    Here is Desertion:

One entry found for desertion.

Main Entry: de·ser·tion
    Pronunciation: di-'z&r-sh&n
    Date: 1591
    1 : an act of deserting; especially : the abandonment without consent or legal justification of a person, post, or relationship and the associated duties and obligations <sued for divorce on grounds of desertion>
    2 : a state of being deserted or forsaken

Here is desert:

One entry found for desert.

Main Entry: 4de·sert
    Pronunciation: di-'z&rt
    Function: verb
    Etymology: French déserter, from Late Latin desertare, frequentative of Latin deserere
    Date: 1603
    transitive senses
    1 : to withdraw from or leave usually without intent to return
    2 a : to leave in the lurch <desert a friend in trouble> b : to abandon (military service) without leave
    intransitive senses : to quit one's post, allegiance, or service without leave or justification; especially : to abandon military duty without leave and without intent to return
    synonym see ABANDON
    - de·sert·er noun

Here is Abandon:

2 entries found for abandon.
    To select an entry, click on it. (Click 'Go' if nothing happens.)
    abandon[1,transitive verb]abandon[2,noun]

Main Entry: 1aban·don
    Pronunciation: &-'ban-d&n
    Function: transitive verb
    Etymology: Middle English abandounen, from Middle French abandoner, from abandon, n., surrender, from a bandon in one's power
    1 a : to give up to the control or influence of another person or agent b : to give up with the intent of never again claiming a right or interest in
    2 : to withdraw from often in the face of danger or encroachment <abandon ship>
    3 : to withdraw protection, support, or help from
    4 : to give (oneself) over unrestrainedly
    5 a : to cease from maintaining, practicing, or using <abandoned their native language> b : to cease intending or attempting to perform <abandoned the escape>
    - aban·don·er noun
    - aban·don·ment /-d&n-m&nt/ noun
    synonyms ABANDON, DESERT, FORSAKE mean to leave without intending to return. ABANDON suggests that the thing or person left may be helpless without protection <abandoned children>. DESERT implies that the object left may be weakened but not destroyed by one's absence <a deserted town>. FORSAKE suggests an action more likely to bring impoverishment or bereavement to that which is forsaken than its exposure to physical dangers <a forsaken lover>. synonym see in addition RELINQUISH

Well I think you get the idea. To be an apostate means to abandon, reject, forsake, desert, leave off. It does not mean to turn and attack as is commonly thought of.

Let's see, three wives, seven concubines, nine slave girls, and twenty-seven black nazi female body guards. I've only got forty-five women to go and my cult is complete

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit