A dubbie next door.

by Marilyn 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

My next door neighbours have a dubbie come and trim their trees every year. He has come to know me as a lovely lady (acting is my greated gift) who has some JW connections. It doesn't appear to have entered his head that I might be an............ APOSTATE!

He's been bending my ear this afternoon and I swear we all need a reality check from time to time. We so forget how dubs operate. John was telling me today that the governments are going to turn on religion VERY soon and then the end will come. I carefully suggested that the end couldn't come for ages yet cuz of all the people in China - they haven't heard the goodnews yet. He explained to me that God didn't need to tell everyone about the end - apparently 1.2 billion Chinese have to settle for having a Branch Office in Hong Kong. A "witness to the nations" is all that is needed!

I can't help wondering why good dubbies have to wander our Western suburban streets like restless spirits every few months - year in and year out, if having a Branch office within a few thousand miles will suffice.

Marilyn

• dmouse
    dmouse
    I can't help wondering why good dubbies have to wander our Western suburban streets like restless spirits every few months

Kinda reminds me of those old horror films where the zombies wander around trying to turn other people into zombies.

Borganisation: It's like a virus, to survive it has to continually find new hosts.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

::::::::::It's like a virus, to survive it has to continually find new hosts.

Well brother mouse, I'd never thought of it like that before!! hehehe! (standard reply of inane householder during the sisters talk on the MS).

I guess it is just like a virus, coz you can't get it twice!! You can have a relapse if you haven't fully recovered - but once you are completely over it, you won't get it again!!! What a blessing!!!

Marilyn

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

No kidding 'what a blessing!'

I relapsed when I was 19yr old. It led me to an unhappy marriage that caused both the brother and me to be hurt. Yeah, great system the dubs have got going. I'm so glad to be CURED!!

"...if there is a hell, I'll see you there." (NIN - Downward Spiral)
    I'll be the one providing the fire.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I can't help wondering why good dubbies have to wander our Western suburban streets like restless spirits every few months - year in and year out, if having a Branch office within a few thousand miles will suffice.

It's simple, really, Marilyn. They need to keep the R&F active to fill in all the time available from not going to university!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• rebelledat12
    rebelledat12

They can find you anywhere, even me - out in the middle of the Iowa countryside. I told them I was an apostate, you should have seen those women run - like I was contagious or something! That, and the fact that my two German Shepards don't like witnesses...
    It happens to the best of us.
    Jessi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit