Why doe New light tick me off???? Next 2 weeks WT Studies

by zophar 42 Replies latest jw friends

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    Stuckinarut2 I wish I had been there to hear your answer. The reaction from your congregation proves there is no hope for them. I hoped that my husband who went this morning (who has a degree) would have finally questioned something, but he has come back and not said a word. Or maybe he is in denial!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Stuck That was GREAT! It's amazing, the drone head bob. The JW's remind me of the Stepford Wives! Rock on!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    They've made it so convoluted that only those paying attention could figure it out. If they never admitted anything most witnesses would probably not even know anything changed because to be loyal to this crap you need to switch thought to OFF
  • Deltawave
    Deltawave
    I don't think the average witness realised they have just kissed their 1914, gentle times, this generation belief system Goodbye.
  • LHS123
    LHS123

re the 'intelligence/education' remarks - I don't necessarily think it is a lack of education or intelligence (although there are some where it applies!), but the fact that even those who are intelligent and educated have been told for so many years to switch off their natural curiosity and questioning ability and just accept, obey, nod in agreement etc. - it's like you're in a fog and you can't see clearly. That and the high demands on your time and energy and pressure to conform means that it's hard to come up for air...

I heard about a social experiment 'the smoke filled room' where they had a group training session taking place, one person thought he was really there for training and the rest were actors...during the session, smoke started coming into the room from the ventilation shafts, none of the actors responded they all just carried on in the group activity as if nothing was wrong - so the genuine guy didn't do anything either, he just went along with the crowd.

When we are surrounded by people nodding in agreement, accepting and not questioning, oh and we're exhausted - it is very hard to sit up and say, hang on a minute, this is a load of ****!!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    LHS123

I heard about a social experiment 'the smoke filled room'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE5YwN4NW5o

• LHS123
    LHS123
    20 minutes! It's only taken me 20 years ! hahaha
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

This comment in the WT just in.

Jehovah helps us understand the light getting brighter when we need to know."

So last years lie was just as good as today's "troof". SMH

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

I don't think the average witness realised they have just kissed their 1914, gentle times, this generation belief system Goodbye.

I brought up that very point saying that the Bible nowhere stated that the seven times in Daniel was x amount of years that ended in 1914 and asked if the person I was speaking with could PROVE 19 14 without using the type/anti-type of Daniel as used previously. They stammered, stuttered, um, and uh, and um, and of course COULD NOT!

Idiots!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

oppostate: As Oubliette continues to point out: "It's a cult!"

It's nice to know that people are beginning to notice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit