Wishful Thinking...

by SophieG 7 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

Maybe if the GB came out and just owned it, MAYBE I’d have a modicum of respect for them!

Dieter Uchtdorf, Mormon Leader, Says Church Has 'Made Mistakes' And There Is Room For All In LDS Faith.SALT LAKE CITY (RNS) It is wrong to assume that Mormons who leave the faith “have been offended or lazy or sinful,” a top leader told members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Saturday (Oct. 5) during the church’s 183rd Semiannual General Conference.

Read on:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/dieter-uchtdorf-mormon-leader-church-mistakes_n_4059683.html

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

No one at the highest level of WTS (and few at the lower levels) have the humility it would take to make such an admission. Even when they admit they are wrong they say they have not been wrong.

(If that confuses you see the Jan 1, 2013 WT or their "non-apology" about 1975 where it was the fault of the R&F having wrong expectations.)

Doc

• SophieG
    SophieG

oh no Doc..I get the non-apology.

I am a visual person...trying to imagine one of the 8 "popes" sitting down and saying: "Well, we have been off...."

• Simon
    Simon

meh, the cynic in me doesn't believe religious leaders mean it when they say these things - they are just looking for the next opportunitiy for growth like any other CEO.

When religions reach a certain size they have to drop the end-times message. Later, they have to drop their crazy beliefs that made them unique. Next, they have to drop some of their prejudices and 'sent from god' attitude.

The Mormons are larger and have been more successful than the WTS so they are a little further along the path in their attempt to break through in to the next phase of religion which is to become mainstream.

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

It'll be a cold day in hell before they would ever admit mistakes have been made.

• SophieG
    SophieG

Sometimes I REALLY wonder if it’s inevitable that all their lies/untruths/mis-directions/irresponsibility will eventually catch up with them? Seriously, isn’t there this “universal rule” that your lies will catch up with you eventually?

Meh! (as Simon said)…I’ve been watching too much Breaking Bad!

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi SophieG,

Love your reply:

Sometimes I REALLY wonder if it’s inevitable that all their lies/untruths/mis-directions/irresponsibility will eventually catch up with them? Seriously, isn’t there this “universal rule” that your lies will catch up with you eventually?

I agree, doesn't it seem that some religions are like teflon, nothing sticks...I've read so much on this site & it seems to be public knowledge & yet, these Org. just keep marching on. What about Karma ? It's not so much I want the Orgs. to fall but at least make the congregations aware & let them decide to stay no matter what, but at least give them a chance. Look at Catholics, lately really bad press, but not to say folks haven't walked away, but the ones that stay are aware & they are there because they want to be there, not out of fear. I have never seen so much talk about JW's & all their misleading & wrong speculations & yet, nothing is said of done. Could it be that there are not enough witnesses to even care about ?

The JW's are like the biggest secret since who killed Jimmy Hoffa.

Legacy

• LV101
    LV101

Sure wish Karma would strike but EVIL PREVAILS in LIFE is reality course 101 - unfortunately.

Love Simon's business outline for religion - maybe in 100 yrs. they'll be ready to stop the end-times scare talk and start burying some of their crazy-cult beliefs. Hope some prognosticator out there is writing all this down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit