Will this Bible provoke more intense Bible reading and studying or collect dust?

by SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

Who read's their Bible and actually allows it to speak for itself instead of allowing the Masters Of The Universe to interpret everything. I am talking about brothers who read what they claim is God's word but have no time reading it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think this new version will make it less likely that J.W's will find out TTATT.

Basically most JW's are very lazy mentally, the fact that they can easily skim through a couple of verses, understand what is written, and comment on it in a Meeting will in their mind be Bible study, and they will think they have some sort of grasp of what the Bible actually says, which could not be further from the truth.

In the time when I was in, it was necessary to read other Translations and Commentaries to get a handle on what the Bible was on about, such reading can lead to an Ah Ha ! moment, and then on to fiding out the Truth about the "truth".

The GB/WT do not want that to happen, and so, basically have pandered to the needs of lazy JW's for a Bible for Simpletons.

• xelder
    xelder

sent you a pm SLOTS

• James Brown
    James Brown

The bible can be looked at different ways.

Some people use their bible to find words of wisdom and encouragement.

Then other people use their bibles to determine that there is no God and

the book is about being controled and controlling.

If your life is going good there is not much reason to disect the bible.

If your life is not hunky dory then you might start analyzing the bible trying to figure out why.

If you somehow pick the proper group of scriptures, you can probly have an amazing wonderful life.

But the JW's are not going to point them out to you.

When my life was difficult, I read my bible a lot and I noticed people who were in the same boat with me

reading their bible a lot. I worked in a jail and bibles were everywhere and I saw officers reading them all the time.

When ones life is nice and easy and full of abundance, it can be challenging to read the bible.

So I guess it just depends on the individual.

How curious they are.

If they want to know what is in the middle of the onion.

Sorry about the format, I tried to reformat with pp's 3 times and internet explorer.

Today its not allowing formatting.

• suavojr
    suavojr

This Bible will probably open up the appetite for the studious ones, but it has definitely opened the appetite for the apostates. Ex-Jw's will always read more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit