Falun Gong/Dafa

by seedy3 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seedy3
    seedy3

Has anyone looked into this practice? It looks to me like a cult based on Buddisem.

As I was driving away from the Airport a couple of days ago, I noticed a bunch of Asian folks getting out of about 4 cars with these bright yellow t-shirts on. As I tried to read them I noticed that the one word I could make out was Falun. Hmmmm I wonder why they were here. The leader of the movement was caught here trying to enter the USA illeagly, and was held in the territorial lock up for almost a year, until they could work out what they could do with him as he is wanted in China.

Anyway, here are the links on one of their pamphlets:
    http://www.falundafa.org
    and
    http://faluninfo.net
    and
    http://cleanwisdom.net

• LDH
    LDH

Yes, I toyed with it briefly two years ago--the pitch is that the exercises are good for the body, blah blah blah.

But after I went to a couple of early morning sessions...they tried to assimilate me. They told me I couldn't just 'take' the physical part of the 'movement' without accepting the 'belief system.'

I've had about all the 'belief system' I can stomach.

Lisa

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hi LDH,

Yeah as I read through their little booklet I have here, it sounded like a JW, cultish thing all over again. I was not impressed. I guess the difference is these guys want to controll not only your thinking but you excersizes too LOL.

Seedy

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    I guess the difference is these guys want to controll not only your thinking but you excersizes too

There is also the Chung Moo Doe. They say it's 8 martial arts taught as one. I say that it is similar crap to Falun dafa: Them trying to control your mind and your exercise movements to be harmonious... Yeah, sure! Same old cult crap.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I wonder if this is the same as Qi Gong; the religion in China that got the gov. all hot and bothered. I use the Buddhist methods of meditation, practice Yoga, and Tai Chi. I think it is kind of weird hearing about a cult that gives you the full body workout. Maybe they want you to live longer so you won't be dying off like all the faithless and demeaning slave's in Jehovah's cult.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Yes gsx1138, the Falun gong/dafa is suppose to be based on Qi gong, at least that is what they say in their literature, and this group is also outlawed in China. The founder ran from China to escape prosicution and came here to Guam, was picked up by the INS at the airport. He couldn't get out of the airport and was just hangiong around for hours until they found him out, they had no idea who he really was as he was traveling under a forged passport. About 9 months later the discovered who he was and then all hell broke lose, and he requested asillm (spelling?). He is now suppose to be somewhere on the east coast of the US.

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit