Billy Graham's grandson openly admtis that Evangelicals protect pedophiles

by davidl7 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• davidl7
    davidl7

Billy Graham's grandson openly admitted that Evangelicals protect the pedophiles that have penetrated the churches. He is aware of the non-stop reports coming up in the news of one pedophile after one Baptist minisiter or preacher who has been protected by the Evangelical community. In fact, in his opinion, the Evangelicals are worse than Catholics. (In my opinion, they are about the same. It is true the Catholic church is now defrocking priests that have been proven to be pedophiles, and supposedly if a priest confesses to abusing children he is immediately defrocked. However, it was not until after 2007 that a policy as such as put in place, and there are still reports of priests getting away with. And the pedophiliac priests are still considered "brothers" of the church; they are not expelled, but just allowed to join the laity, where they can have access to children. Unrepentant priests are defrocked, but not expelled. So I disagree with Graham's grandson point of view. Catholics are just as negligent as Evangelicals...

http://www.abpnews.com/ministry/organizations/item/8889-evangelicals-worse-than-catholics-on-abuse#.UlH-OVPD9Mw

• Honesty
    Honesty

That proves that Jehovah's Witnesses are keeping company with Christendom's practices.

Now, if JW's weren't doing the same thing that Christendom is doing then I might be inclined to think that they might have something worth listening to and vice versa.

But,as it stands, all of them are spiritual hoes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The sexual vicitmization of young people is all but guaranteed to be found in any heirarchal authoritarian religion (Christian or otherwise), because the very nature of an authoritarian high-control group creates an internal environment that inevitably fosters the problem and makes it virtually impossible to fix.

Interestingly, I've never read about it showing up in churches that embrace fiscal and policy transparency and the democratic process, display a healthy respect for the discoveries of history and science, and encourage positive community activism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit