back to college

by search4truth 4 Replies latest jw friends

• search4truth
    search4truth

Hello folks . I went back to college , started last month and really enjoy it . It's bit struggle cos its been long time ago I sat in school desk . English is't my first language and doing school in other then mother tongue is difficult , especially writing . Good thing though is that school coincide with thurs meetings which I'm not longer able to attend . The only thing that's bothers me is my first assignment there . I need to write my autobiography and I don't really know what to write about . During my childhood and teenage years I experienced only abuse and beating from my elder dad apart fom 5 meetings , ministry and reading mags + bible . No friends no celebration no anything you would imagine to live in normal life . Got thrown out of the house at 16 years old and did't end up living on the street only cos my grandma took me to live with her . I become suicidal and end up in hospital after taking a pile of a sleping tablets . Cut the story short I got married and we both end up being Jw . She's staunch Jw and I'm fading which means my life sucks again !! If I have to write autobiography i have to either lie or write truth .I feel like I am opening old wounds . Sorry I know it does't make any sense . I need just vent . Cao .

• zeb
    zeb

Dont lie.

Tell the truth but keep it simple. Writing it out will be very therpeutic for you.

• CADSkin
    CADSkin

It will make for an interesting story. Tell the truth and it will be an A.

• clarity
    clarity

Searchfortruth ........you make perfect sense!

"An abnormal reaction to an abnormal situation is normal behavior.”
    Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

You had crappy luck as a kid, now you are on your way to YOUR life.

Now you can fall in love with yourself....... enjoy the trip!

all the best

clarity

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry you had such a tough life as a kid. I've been there, I remember. I'm so glad you're going to school now. Keep going, even if it's difficult. It will definitely be worth the effort. The difference between now and your childhood is that now you have much more power to make your life what you want it to be.

Keep in touch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit