New born Christians

by happy man 2 Replies latest jw friends

• happy man
    happy man

I have read that not so few XJW going in to this,whats this religion , for mee it sound realy misch, masch. As JW we are fare from this belive i think, or have I miss something.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

happy - Is this what you are saying?

"I have read that many XJW's become Born-Again Christians. What's this religion? For me it sounds really mishmash. As JW's we were far from these beliefs, or have I missed something?"

I think Born-Againers have some appeal because they do two things that JW's didn't: (1) they emphasize Jesus a lot more (2) they emphasize the heavenly hope to those who thought they couldn't have one. But then one would have to swallow other things like the Trinity belief. Never appealed to me.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

John 3:3: Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is Born Again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.
    John 3:4: Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
    John 3:5: Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is Born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
    John 3:6: That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is Born of the Spirit is spirit.
    John 3:7: Do not marvel that I said to you, You must be Born Again.
    John 3:8: The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from, and where it goes: so is every one who is Born of the Spirit.
    John 3:9: Nicodemus answered and said to Him, How can these things be?
    John 3:10: Jesus answered and said to him, Are you a master of Israel, and you do not know these things?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit