Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney Seeks 9/11 probe.

by Spartacus 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney Seeks Probe into Sept. 11 Attacks
    By Stephanie A. Crockett, BET.com Staff Writer

Posted April 19, 2002 -- During a recent radio interview, Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D- Ga.) implied last week that the Bush administration might have known about the terrorist attacks Sept. 11 and did nothing to stop them, The Washington Post reported.

She is asking that there be a complete investigation of President George W. Bush and other government officials who are "poised to make huge profits off America's new war," according to the Post.

The statements give rise to one of many conspiracy theories about the attacks, which killed more than 3,000 people. There are some who believe the government had something to do with the attacks.

Bush spokesman Scott McLellan told the Post "the American people know the facts, and they dismiss such ludicrous, baseless views," he said. "The fact that she questions the president's legitimacy shows a partisan mindset beyond all reason."

McKinney issued a statement Friday saying that the need for an investigation is as obvious as the investigation into Enron.

"Certainly, if the American people deserve answers about what went wrong with Enron and why (and we do) then we deserve to know what went wrong on Sept. 11 and why."

Here's why McKinney believes that:

Carlyle Group, a Washington-based investment firm, employs several Democrat and Republican high-ranking government officials, according to the Post.
    Former President George H.W. Bush, the current president's father, is an adviser to the firm, the Post reported.
    The firm partly owns a military contractor, whose value has been increased because of the war, the Post reported.
    At the time of the attacks, the Carlyle Group had joint business interests with bin Laden's construction company and many defense industry holdings. "The stocks of which have soared since Sept. 11," McKinney said.
    Other companies close to the administration have also benefited from the increase in defense spending: The Carlyle Group, DynCorp and Halliburton "stand out," she said.

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

http://www.tray.com/cgi-win/x_itoc.exe?DoFn=H2GA11016MCKINNEY,$CYNTHIA02

To see the list of those contributing to her campaign you have to add ,$CYNTHIA02 to the end of the Internet address.

Cynthia McKinney is hurting her political party. Submitting baseless and outrageous accusations at Bush while getting paid by a number of Arabs will really hurt the Democratic Party.

I predict more careless Democrats will submit baseless accusations to the public and before the year is out Republicans will control both houses because of comments like Cynthia McKinney's.

They are only stabbing themselves by getting paid by Arabs and then making baseless comments toward the ever-popular Bush.

Do you realize that the majority of Jews for the first time in US history will vote Republican, Bush will do what no other Republican President has ever done. The Democrats will be hurting because Jews make huge donations. And have been a loyal voting block for the Democrats especially the last Presidential Election with a Jewish VP. Jews have the highest voter turn out than any other ethnic group.

That means big states like New York and through out the North East Coast, traditionally Democratic states, Republicans will be able to give the Democrats trouble.

Mark my word! You don't make baseless accusations at a President with an 80 plus % approval rating. Some people will begin to change their party.

Another thing too is the Republicans are getting more fair play in the Media, such as Fox News and MSNBC. No longer the Democrats will have the monopoly on the Media. Conservative Fox News has taken nearly half of the CNN audience, MSNBC has figured it out and they are duplicating some of Fox’s programming starting with "Allen Keys making sense" and if you have not caught his program he brings radicals and liberals on his show and beats them down with intellect and proof and make them them look like light weights and foolish. And you know what he is just using facts and good common sense we all know he was the best debater during the last election. I'm not a fan of his but I have to give credit where it's due.

The conservatives have many more popular and respected personalities hosting their own News programs than Liberals, not even close. I tell you what McKinney has become a basis why many people will feel that the Democratic Party has lost common sense because they are getting smashed in the Media.

• LDH
    LDH

McKinney is just a sacrificial lamb on the Democrat Party's table.

She's foolish enough to have her ear bent by people telling her how much 'power' she has and that she should question the President. She is dispensable.

While I personally did NOT vote for Bush, in retrospect it should be a lesson to all of us. We should be glad we've got something of a hard ass in office. Could you imagine Ralph Nader dealing with this terrorism? Or even, sadly, Al Gore?

Although I personally feel that the US government certainly SHOULD have known about 09/11 and no doubt that they DID know something big was coming down the pike--in no way do I feel that there was a conspiracy to cover anything up.

If anything, the conspiracy was for them to cover over their ignorance about NOT knowing.

A close friend of the family, an attorney, had been a Republican his whole life. (white guy) Because of the witch hunt on Monica vs. Linda scandal--he was repulsed and switched parties. Now he is seriously thinking of switching back. Their bleeding heart liberalism is not a pretty thing to watch. Just one example of how the Democratic party lost a voter who carries bank and clout. Not to mention, most of our friends, black white or other, are Republicans. But not the old Jesse Helms Republican--the new MODERATE Republican.

At the time of the attacks, the Carlyle Group had joint business interests with bin Laden's construction company and many defense industry holdings.
    Of course, the fact that the bin Laden construction company mentioned here--is owned by the family of Osama bin Laden--who have disowned hin/cut him off/ and want nothing further to do with him

Why is it fair for McKinney to slam the bin Laden family here--when you know good and darned well if a criminal existed in the McKinney family she would ask that you not judge her by her relatives. Can we not extend the same courtesy to the bin Laden family just because they're Arabs???

She is really a party line girl, and I hate to be the one to tell her==the public is sick of party line politics. We must vote for leaders who will cross the party line to make the right decision.

Everyone bashed Jesse Ventura when he ran for guv'ner. They are not laughing now, are they? He disrupted the entire political process in his state. Because people are sick of politicians like Cynthia McKinney.

What a fool she is. The "sound bites" will come back to bite her in the ass.

IMHO.

Lisa

• Xander
    Xander

That's it. I've had enough of this.

'The Rock' for President '04!

....Actually, why not? He can act better than Bush, and can't possibly be any less comfortable in diplomatic situations.

Plus, while not necessarily sounding educated, he at least sounds tough. Bush has neither attribute, so....

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Carmel
    Carmel

Spart,

I rest my case from the thread above..

carmel

• LDH
    LDH

Carmel,

Maybe I missed it...what is your 'case?'

Lisa

• LDH
    LDH

Oh, I'm sorry!!!

I got in the middle of you two passing notes in class.

Do you like Lisa? Check one YES_____ NO_____

LOL!

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit