Tattoo You? or I meant, me.

by simplesally 8 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Have any of you had a desire to do what once prohibited? I mean, I know that many guys who leave JW's get a beard....... (now Six, I am not talking about you cuz you had it already), some have gotten ears pierced (now Six, I am talking about you), some even start wearing berets!!! Can you believe it??? Really go the extra mile there!

On the serious side...... or not, whatever..... A sister who got df'd first thing she did was get a tattoo on her ankle. I saw her afterwards (yes I got my hair cut by her and I was not df'd at the time) and saw the tatoo.... I was a little envious.

I have always wanted one, but never dared. Then I became a JW..... now I am not..... and wonder what I would get...

Anybody got a good idea?

• COMF
    COMF

Anybody got a good idea?

Yeah, I have a good idea. Do your artwork on your wall, where you can both see it and get rid of it after you tire of it.

COMF

And that inverted bowl they call the sky,
    Whereunder crawling coop'd we live and die,
    Lift not your hands to it for help--for it
    As impotently moves as you or I.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

What was the reasoning against tattoo's again? Mutilation was it? What a laugh. Strange how we couldn't work out the difference between pieced ears, a tattoo OR a tubal ligation/vasectomy and an actual MUTILATION. They just told us this, this and this is mutilation and we go; Oh, yeah, right.

I don't like tattoo's because I'm too indecisive. I'd change my mind after I had it done. I never changed my mind after my tubal ligation which I had when I was a dub and I never asked their permission and I didn't tell them after the event. hehehe!

• U.2.K.
    U.2.K.

I have 10 tattoo's on me, I had them long before I read that small no tattoo in the bible.. I already repent, but the tattoo's, Cant remove them now, oh well.. Btw I'm not a witness, almost came one long time ago..

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

:::::::::::::::that small no tattoo in the bible..

That was very funny/ The most sense you've made all week!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I don't think I would end up and get one, simply because I think at age 80, I'd look ridiculous with it. But I've often wanted one.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I always liked my cousin Leslie's tattoo. He had our family crest tattooed on his chest. I myself though have never wanted one. Like you said, when I am 80 I think I would feel silly having it.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • LucidSky
    LucidSky
    Have any of you had a desire to do what once prohibited?

I occasionally mused at the thought of getting a small tattoo. But like COMF says, I'd rather have my artwork on a wall and take it down when I want.

Other forbiddens? Karate. I'd like to learn a few basics. I am also planning on skydiving this summer. Of course, I was informed that this was a no-no as JW. Same deal with paintballing, which I did once when I was younger and received a lecture about the next day.

• Solace
    Solace

I have a rose on my upper left hip area.
    I want to get another but Im not sure, either on my lower back or behind my shoulder. I will try to stick with a classic design. My advice, take your time picking one out. Remember, It doesnt come off with soap and water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit