Looking for Donald Galbraith

by graceabounds 0 Replies latest jw experiences

• graceabounds
    graceabounds

I am looking for a childhood friend of mine. He was, at the time, a Jehovah's Witness. I am in hopes that someone might know of him (or, even know him personally)through the congregations. He moved with his parents whe he was approximately 11 years old.
    My name is Cathy (Jankowski)Battaglia. We were neighbors...he lived down the street. As younger children, we played together.
    When I became old enough to realize how Jehovah's Witnesses believed, I fell away from the friendship. Unfortunately, later in life, at a vulnerable point in my life, I began to wonder if the JW's were not right. This was my first of many errors. I was seven months into study/worship with JW's. When I finally began to have serious doubts. Luckily, I had not made the commitment of being baptized by them. But, the exit has still been difficult. And, the added grief is that I exposed my children to that nonsense.

But, I had always been in hopes that my friend had had doubts, he came to mind many times as I went through the guilt/pain of walking away from the witnesses. I hoped that he might possibly have been strong enough to get free. I realize that he was raised with the religion, but many things happen in life that cannot stand up to the watchtower reasoning and philosophy.....maybe a glimmer of light....that made him, or his parents, wake up.
    I hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit