Did Guy Pierce Disapprove of All These Changes?

by thedepressedsoul 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I have been wondering lately if Guy Pierce did not approve of all these changes like JW Broadcasting, the new JW Kingdom Halls and the direction that they are currently moving in. I know that some changes happened while he was alive but a lot of these changes seemed to be pushed right after his death.

For example, JW Broadcasting almost sounds like it was rushed out within 2 months. Pierce died on March 18th and the work for the Broadcasting must have started around July and I’m sure development plans go out even a few more months. The timing just seems odd to me and how it was almost “rushed” to be done within a few months. They brag about how quickly it went live and I wonder if this is why it was done so quickly. It was almost as if Guy Pierce wasn’t in favor when one or a few really wanted a JW Broadcasting type thing. He dies, and bingo this new direction starts moving forward. Not to mention all the “new light” that happened at this annual meeting. It makes you wonder if he was still alive if those changes would have happened so quickly.  

I also wonder if Pierce was the “top dog” so to speak. When they announced the new bible he was the chairman and they joked about not getting yelled at by him for going over time. I believe there are different levels of GB. 2-3 have more say and take more lead than the others. Just listen to Anthony Morris speak, you can almost tell he’s above most of the other ones.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Everyone that sits on a board learns that there is a pecking order based on who does the most work, who has served the longest, who pushes for change or pushes against change. Cliques form based on power and popularity.

• sir82
    sir82

If the 2/3 majority that Ray Franz wrote about still holds true for GB decisions, every change to the membership of the GB, addition or subtraction, can change the ratio on issues where the voting was close to the threshold.

The new KH construction program does seem to be very rushed. The GB just sent out notices to US elders about a nationwide elders video-conference to be held on 1/31, all across the USA.

The notice just came out this week, less than 4 weeks in advance. They typically announce this sort of thing 6 or more months in advance.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I can certainly see what you are saying. It's an interesting theory.
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

when i joined the cult....a short 6.5 years ago it was bad...but it has gotten exponentially worse in the last 2 years. it has put a new diffintion on what a cult is.

worse mistake of my life was joining this cult...if i could turn back time!

shalom

• feenx
    feenx

Whats up peeps!!

Care to enlighten me on some of these changes? What's the Kingdom Hall changes? It's getting WORSE as a cult? that's fucking scary! 

(ive been out for over a decade, and am not versed on all the new snazzy suits for their bullshit :-P )

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

thedepressedsoul - "They brag about how quickly it went live and I wonder if this is why it was done so quickly. It was almost as if Guy Pierce wasn’t in favor when one or a few really wanted a JW Broadcasting type thing. He dies, and bingo this new direction starts moving forward."

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I'm also positive that GB members have an unofficial pool of protégés that they're grooming as potential future members.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

goingthruthemotions "...a short 6.5 years ago it was bad...but it has gotten exponentially worse in the last 2 years..."

Well, weirder, anyway... the WTFness dial has been cranked up to 11.

• Odrade
    Odrade
    It was almost as if Guy Pierce wasn’t in favor when one or a few really wanted a JW Broadcasting type thing.

Doubtful. Pierce was always really pro-technology. If anything, if he were involved in that project, it might have been held up because he would want them to "get it right," which would probably have included not using such a boring old drone for the roll-out video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit