Reprints vs. Originals?

by ILoveTTATT 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have downloaded two different versions it seems of the Watchtower of 1879: There is a version available online which has all of the text from 1879 to 1916, and it seems like it has a lot more than the reprints! The reprints admit that they have excluded some material... so I was wondering if anyone had a scan of the originals?

Thanks!

ILTTATT

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Yes, but they are really large. Do you have a specific copy you are looking for?

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I would like to get a picture or a scan of the supplement to the July 1879 Watchtower. The text reads like this:

SUPPLEMENT TO
    Zion's Watch Tower,
    And "Herald of Christ's Presence."
    ==========
    PITTSBURGH, PA., JULY 1, 1879.
    ==========
    To the readers of the "HERALD OF THE MORNING,"
    DEAR FRIENDS: My connection with the "Herald" having been terminated rather
    suddenly, and under circumstances which must seem rather remarkable and peculiar to
    you, I feel it to be a duty both to you and to myself to offer an explanation of the
    manner of withdrawal and my reasons for so doing. Quite a number who were
    personally acquainted with me thought there must be more of the story to tell, and I
    have received a number of letters asking an explanation. To these inquiries and to many
    unexpressed of similar character, let me offer the following statement:

If someone has a PDF file with the scan of that supplement, or the entire original July 1879 issue, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.heraldmag.org/

Try this site...original bible students...might have pdfs of older pubs

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi Blondie... thanks for your help! I haven't seen anything there, though I did find CT books in Spanish and many other languages... great help!

BTW, how are you? Are you feeling better now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit