Are Jehovahs Witnesses a Cult? NO! Of course not. Let us explain.

by Comatose 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/are-jehovahs-witnesses-a-cult/

"We don't follow men, we follow Christ."

But, if you say you believe in Jesus but doubt the men.... Your DFd.

The website is total crap with these answers.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If you want to see a real twisting and play with words and lies, look at their FAQ on shunning.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/

They make it appear to 'worldly' people that those who leave aren't shunned at all and that even if they are, family members still remain family.

I talked with some elders about this and it's deceit. They first said, "well it is talking about inactive ones, not disfellowshipped". I asked are these FAQ's for JW's or Non JW's? They admitted for non JW's. I said you know very well non JW's won't know there is disfellowshipped and inactive, etc.

Furthermore, I asked them is an inactive person still considered a JW? They said yes. I said the question says "FORMER MEMBERS", are inactive considered a former member? They said no. So I said it's clearly deceptive then if the answer applies to inactive STILL members.

Finally the part about family. It makes it seem if somebody is disfellowshipped and shunned for a serious sin, atleast family are still family. It says blood ties remain and normal family affections continue, etc. They said that's only if they live in the same house. I said again if somebody has no idea about disfellowshipping policy, they will read this and think if they became a JW and left later, they don't need to fear being shunned and especially worry about anything w/ their family, so it's 'safe'. It's a clear twisting of words.

Anyway for those reading, you can use this as a good example to show why you may feel hypocritical and feel like you're lying to people if you are preaching/witnessing.

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

I heard it said "It's not a lie if you are using Theocratic War to tell lies", the public are not entitled to know the truth what JWs really think.

• sspo
    sspo

Some think of a cult as being a dangerous religious sect with a human leader. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not look to any human as their leader. Rather, we adhere to the standard that Jesus set for his followers when he stated: “Your Leader is one, the Christ.”

—⁠Matthew 23:10.

Yes they do not look to one human leader, they look to eight of them.

Try to reason with a jw about their doctrines or rules and regulations that contradict the bible ...do they follow Jesus or the eight kings

in Brooklyn NY ?

• Comatose
    Comatose

I may use the one on shunning the next time people crawl into my business. It is clearly deceptive. Or, they can accept it and treat people who leave normally.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Some think of a cult as being a dangerous religious sect with a human leader. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not look to any human as their leader. Rather, we adhere to the standard that Jesus set for his followers when he stated: “Your Leader is one, the Christ.”—⁠Matthew 23:10.

"It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision." Watchtower 1957 Jun 15 p.370

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

What sort of information has "the slave" provided to its people that has made any kind of difference to the members?

Jerusalem being destroyed in 607 B.C. isn't "light"...it's just bad history. And all the other distinctive doctrines like soul sleeping were all formulated by other adventist sects long before the slave even reached the salt mine. When you sift it all down, you get 1914, shunning, not being able to read religious material by other sects and no blood transfusions or birthdays! That's deep theological stuff. Who needs prophecy, angels and all those other spiritual "gifts" when one has all that new light coming through the rafters?

Oh, yeah, there's also Armageddon, which is right around the corner.

• gbrn
    gbrn

Do you think that it's a coincidence that they posted their view of what cults are just a day or two after Huffington Post did? "When Organized Religion Becomes a Cult"- http://huff.to/16Nfl7V

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

The Huffington Post says (in part):

"Any religious community can become a cult. It's not about how faith is expressed in a community but more importantly how people are treated if they want to leave and disbelieve."

• Joliette
    Joliette

That website is crap with a captial C. But the sad part is that people are still falling for it. Theocratic warfare wrapped up in a pretty wrapping and a golden bow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit