Sat on a heated oven aged 5

by usualusername 8 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

Today I was looking at a video on youtube and a woman complained of being abused.

Suddenly I remembered my older brother (aged around 10) getting me as a 5 year old to sit on a heated oven door. Went to accident and emergency to get fixed. Still have the scares in my 40s.

What does that tell you about my brother and family?

• whathappened
    whathappened

How traumatic for you! I am sorry to heaa this happened. What sort of person did your brother turn out to be? Did he understand what he was doing at the time?

• jgnat
    jgnat

My thirty year old son has a scar under his eye where his three-year old sister stabbed him with a pencil. Just missed the eye.

When my daughter was six, the two of them were playing a game of "doggy" and her brother put string around her neck in a slip-knot. She tripped, the string tightened, and her neck swelled up alarmingly. I just managed to snip off the string. Her doctor said a fraction of an inch difference and her voice-box would have been damaged.

I figure it's a miracle children make it to adulthood.

• usualusername
    usualusername

My brother was 5 years older than me and was jealous of me. Apparently my mother did nothing to address this issue.

Every growing moment of my life with this brother was horrific.

I spent my whole life wishing he was dead. When he died aged 25 it was a relief.

Sorry for my brutality but its true.

Thanks for your comments..

• whathappened
    whathappened

Wow, he died young. May I ask how? Was it because of his cruel nature?

• Glander
    Glander

You still have the "scares" or the "scars"?

• usualusername
    usualusername

Glander woops. I still have the scars!

whathappened
    I do not know how he died or where he is buried. That could be a story for another thread. Rumour has it that he died of Aids.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I was raised in a somewhat dysfunctional family also. I am sorry for all us kids who had toxic family members. I hope you are ok now.

• clarity
    clarity

Usualusername ....it really is you know,.... unusual I mean.

My heart goes out to you usual, you poor little kid{{}}.

Even tho it was quite long ago...it still haunts you.

Have you talked it out with somebody? Might help.

wishing you well .....keep in touch!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit