Hello, just introducing myself

by Miss Behaving 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so happy you made it out! You have a great attitude and that along with working towards a goal in life will help you go far.

Sorry about the loss...but as you have stated and we too have discovered, nothing is worth more than being able to live your own life with freedom of thought. Who knew??!!!

Good luck and look forward to your comments.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good job! Your tenacious spirit will serve you well! Your parents should be PROUD of you, to be able to work two jobs, go to college, and all on your OWN!

When my husband and I were young, in the 70's, we were told "you don't need to go to college, before you can finish, or use your education, Armageddon will be here".... So, we didn't go to college, and Armageddon is not here. Both of us are fortunate to have been hard workers, good savers and planners, and so hopefully, we shall be able to live out our lives with some level of security when we "retire."

Remember to cherish the little things ;-) Write poetry to express your feelings (make sure you date it, and if it's 'cryptic' be sure to write the meaning of it afterwards, haha.... one day, you will enjoy it)

Yep, you are young! No one can say you "didn't do your research", right? You have read more than almost all JW's... Have confidence that you have made the right choice... When I read "The Finished Mystery", by Charles T Russell, I wept. I could not believe how very stupid it was. Based on numerology, pyramids and weird folk tales. I cried. If only I had read that when young.

Don't forget to have fun! Sing, dance, play sports, see plays, travel!

Welcome, ChaChing!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Awesome first post!

Welcome!

You have taken the first few steps on the path to your new life! Be proud of the fact that you are being honest and sincere with yourself.

Love and support from us!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I assume from your chosen name that you are a "Miss." But it matters not.

You helped us much to be reminded how we are only good to Watchtower for what we are doing today and tomorrow. They used you up and spit you out.

Well, I guess that's all. Hope it was helpful for someone.

I hope that's not all. I look forward to reading more from you.

• millie210
    millie210

Creative name Miss Behaving...humorous and understated - I like it!

Welcome to the forum, Im glad you are here.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome to the rest of your life!

I didn't embrace TTATT until almost 60 years of age.

My life was wasted peddling mags and knocking on the doors of empty houses.

The only goals I feel I can have in life are to enrich the lives of our children and grand children.

YOU however, have the majority of your life still ahead of you.

Best of luck,

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy and successful life!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

What a great first post. It has been my experience that the young ones that are very spiritually minded and idealistic and who really study the religion are more likely later to eventually become disillusioned and leave. Your search for knowledge would have always eventually led you to the real truth, that this religion is a sham.

I am sorry you were treated so poorly by your family and the religion, but your experience gives me hope because it seems that more and more people are waking up and leaving. Welcome to the forum!

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Welcome to the Forum, you will find that the only people who apostatize are the ones that really valued knowledge and research. My story, as those of many others is very similar to yours; welcome the forum!
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Now THAT is an introduction! Welcome to the forum!

Well, I guess that's all. Hope it was helpful for someone.

I'm sure that's not ALL of it. Having been a devout JW myself, the dubs around me freaked when I went from elder to completely faded. I can only imagine the way the dubs around you FREAKED when you told them it isn't "the truth".

I wish you the very best in your studies and moving ahead with a true and free life. I hope you're somewhere that you can use meetup or facebook to meet some of the other fine exJWs.

And again, WELCOME!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Miss B.I`m sure your story will inspire others all the best.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit